IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC NS is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide – for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- More than 100 of our employees received promotion in 2015 alone. Structured career development programs are helping us grow our future leaders from within.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development – staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia’s ICT industry, especially in talent development.
We are currently recruiting for top talent in Application Development - If you are on top of your profession and possess the following key skills, we invite you to apply to our openings.
The Application Developer – Process Integration, In this job role you'll use your expertise in translating IT requirements into great design, as well as development and assembly of components, coding, unit testing and documentation, to create custom information systems for our clients. You should also be specialists who primarily apply their technical skills in an internal or external customer billable services, and implementation, environment. You must be a part of making the world more instrumented, interconnected - and intelligent. Join us.
- At least 4 years of experience needed in administering APIc, ISAM, DP, CI, DP or IIB, Ability to help development integrate and on-board new application using these services
- At least 4 years of hands on experience with any of the supported applications (IIB, CI, DP, ISAM, APIc)
- Needs monitor environment and manage all service requests, and any Incidents and Problems must be able consult with application teams to resolve issues on APIc, DP, IIB, CI
- Would need to be on call and able to work weekends to manage deployments during Canadian hours (be part of weekend and on-call rotation)
- Ability to THINK – sometimes outside of the box - and to bring solutions to the table
- Exceptional communication skills
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 4 years of hands on experience with any of the supported applications (IIB, CI, DP, ISAM, APIc)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
At least 5 years of hands on experience with any of the supported applications (IIB, CI, DP, ISAM, APIc)