As part of the application process, you are required to create a candidate account to log back in and view your application(s). Check your email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
It is the responsibility of the President & Chief Operating Officer to provide leadership and strategic direction for Gold Strike Tunica; as well as oversee all aspects of its operation. This position leads the Executive Committee to establish short-and long-term goals for the property and monitors all operating costs, budgets, and forecasts to ensure that the property meets it stated goals while providing excellent guest service. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and MGM Resorts International policies, practices, and procedures.
- Lead an Executive Committee in developing the property’s strategic plan to include both short and long-range goals and ensures that property goals and forecasts are consistent with MGM Resorts International’s long-range strategic objectives.
- Create a service oriented culture and provide leadership in developing employee engagement strategies to include the approval of human resources strategies, leadership engagement, and employee communication plans and activities.
- Set the tone for property leadership and act as a role model of company’s mission, vision, values and people philosophy and effectively engaging and communicating with team members, as well as selecting, mentoring, and managing the performance of property leadership.
- Provide leadership in the development and execution of the property’s Hotel and Casino Marketing plans to optimize revenue and hotel mix.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Direct, plan, and implement property and/or business unit policies, guidelines and procedures as necessary to maximize returns and achieve productivity objectives.
- Analyze operations to evaluate performance of the team in meeting objectives or to determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement, or policy changes.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for the property and oversees all aspects of its operations.
- Promote and maintain the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.
- Respond effectively to guest inquiries related to the property providing excellent guest service
- Other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, finance, or related field
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years gaming experience in senior management position. Must possess strong management and leadership skills. Must have already worked for a major casino operation in a senior position and knowledge of hotel operations, casino operations, food & beverage, events and entertainment venues including understanding of division specific metrics and performance standards.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
- Bilingual, with English as a primary or secondary language