Role and Responsibilities
The HR business partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The HRBP serves as a consultant to management on human resources-related issues. The successful HRBP will act as an employee champion and change agent. The HRBP assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The HRBP formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participates in the development and execution of HR strategies and goals.
- Partners with business leaders on business strategy development and organizational actions.
- Enables organizational capability – assessment, development, coaching etc.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Collaborates across HR to leverage & integrate HR offerings to provide business solutions.
- Administers annual HR programs (workforce planning, long term incentives, performance management, salary administration, bonus program, etc.) in partnership with Corporate HR groups and client management team.
- Uses external knowledge and knowledge of client group to bring forward recommendations for improvement to existing programs/practices/policies.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Participates in US Government proposal pursuits.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with a minimum of 5 years of HR generalist experience.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, manage change, and facilitate organizational development & evolution.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate – verbal & written – at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage employee relations cases.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, functional / matrix model organization
- Previous experience supporting multi-locations or remote employees.
- Ability to multi-task with a high degree of versatility and flexibility.
- Ability to prioritize and produce superior results under deadline pressure.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to analyze and develop solutions to problems related to employees, processes, systems and organizations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and HR information systems – Workdayexperiencepreferred.
- Experience working in the Department of Defense industry is highly desired.
- Experience working on US Government proposals.
- Affirmative Action experience
- PHR/SPHR certification