Responsible for directing the organization' s accounting functions for a publicly traded company. Oversees all aspects of accounting operations and the preparation of annual financial forecasts. Formulates, implements, and administers internal methods/procedures to safeguard the assets of the company and to properly reflect the financial results.
- Responsible for the financial and accounting operations as well as the reporting policies and practices for the corporation.
- Ensure the timely and accurate filing of all SEC documents.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley
- Ability to provide accounting ‘ white papers’ regarding technical issues as they arise
- Analyzes financial results and provides management with an understanding of the company' s financial performance and the financial effect of business plans and strategies.
- Appraises operating results in terms of costs, budgets, operating policies, trends and increased profit opportunities for the company.
- Ensure the establishment of long range operational group goals, objectives, plans, and strategies for maximum support and contribution to the attainment of total corporate objectives.
- Directs preparation of reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses and earnings.
- Oversees the development of financial accounting systems required to maintain reporting requirements.
- Determines depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Ensure employees throughout the corporation are adhering to the Code of Conduct in all matters regarding the organization.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task and handle varying tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Knowledgeable of all applicable
- Ability to interact with individuals at all organizational levels; conducts self in polite and professional manner.
- Demonstrates a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management.
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Uses resources effectively to generate solutions; takes initiative when resolving problems.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to type on a keyboard and operate a PC.
- Ability to converse over a telephone.
- Ability to transport materials or equipment or lifting, moving, carrying objects up to 50 pounds on a limited basis
- Ability to work in office and perform in corporate environment.
- Yes. Directly supervises and managerial employees who are responsible for the daily operation of the Business Units’ and Corporate office accounting operations
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance or the equivalent
- 15+ years experience with 5 years in a supervisory role