Alcami Corporation is the first company to offer a solution that is tailored to small and mid-size pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. We offer a range of services from four distinct pillars: Development Services, Analytical Testing, Drug Product, and APIs. Beyond that, we can integrate our services so customers experience a simplified engagement with a single project management relationship, full visibility from development into manufacturing, and shorter turnaround times. With six locations in the U.S. and a global location in The Netherlands, the Alcami family is growing rapidly. Picture yourself at Alcami and apply today.
A Senior Business Partner works with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations. Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel. Develops and implements personnel polices, procedures and employee training. Specifically, responsible for the development and administration of employee relations programs, employee advocacy, and orientation programs. May coordinate relocation activities for new employees. Works with otherHR representatives to ensure that employees understand their benefits and career opportunities. Responsible for exit interviews and trending data to determine areas for improvement. May travel to accomplish goals. May train others as needed.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Guides, directs and supports management in EEO/AA, management development and termination decision-making.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with managers to stay abreast of current and future business needs.
- Conducts exit interviews and analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement. Discusses exit interviews findings with senior management.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
- Represents the company for any unemployment claims.
- Facilitates and/or provides training including orientation to the workforce.
- Investigates grievances and ensures compliance with company’s problem solving procedure.
- Consults with management in the development and delivery of corrective action to employees.
- Conducts new hire orientation.
- Coordinates relocation activities for new employees as directed.
- Assists with recruitment in interviewing, selection, and staffing of client departments. Educates and assists management in the recruitment and selection process.
- Ensures internal equity in areas of compensation, job evaluation and performance assessment in conjunction with Compensation and Benefits staff.
- Conducts scheduled site visits to all client groups at least quarterly.
- Assists with policy development, employee training program development and training delivery.
- Ensures confidentiality within the organization at all time.
- Provides support with otherHR activities and events as needed or assigned.
Qualifications for Success:
Bachelors with 10+ years HR generalist experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the principles and practices of human resource administration.
- Excellent knowledge of the organization and operations of administrative programs.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft office specifically Excel and Word.
- Excellent knowledge of employment law and other government compliance regulations.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- Ability to research and analyze various different type of data information.
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to successfully work with different levels of management.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Ability to work in teams or independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
What we offer you:
- In Wilmington, an onsite Learning Center for working parents
- Profit sharing bonus plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
- A menu of voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurances
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take the time when you need it
- To complement your personal financial strategy, we also have 401(k) matching.