Financial Planning & Analysis Manager - Global Operations
The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager - Global Operations, will report to the Senior Director of FP&A and support the SVP of Operations for AMRI. The role will partner with the finance resources at the various AMRI locations, as well as the Global Manufacturing Operations Controller, a newly created role responsible for harmonizing manufacturing accounting practices and process across the global network of historic and acquired sites. The FP&A Manager will be responsible for Global Manufacturing Finance reporting, forecasting and analysis. The Operations FP&A team will support cost management efforts, KPI reporting and operational efficiency programs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as the Global Operations Finance Reporting Lead. Develop, generate, validate, and issue a Monthly Reporting Package to the Operations Leadership, Executive Leadership and Private Equity Owners.
- Lead one direct report, FP&A Analyst, Global Operations, a newly created role.
- Implement enhanced, consistent manufacturing analytics including (but not limited to) Yield, Price Variance, and Usage Variances.
- Analyze monthly results, providing qualitative commentary, and identifying areas of additional focus required. Use monthly results to formulate quarterly projections.
- Lead Annual Operating Plan and Quarterly Forecasting Process. Includes communication and coordination of deadlines, consolidation and analysis of data and preparation of related executive presentations.
- Standardize forecasting process across the network of global sites, improving the quality of forecasting and the level/consistency of supporting detail.
- Partner with Senior Director of FP&A and SVP of Operations to modify/enhance Monthly KPI reporting.
- Provide support for analytical requests such as production scenarios, cost/benefit analyses, cash cost analysis, ROI calculations and capital expenditure evaluation.
- Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS degree in accounting or related discipline
- 8 or more years of experience in finance, accounting, forecasting/budgeting, or other related field
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint Skills are a must
- Highly motivated individual dedicated to completing tasks on schedule
- Demonstrated ability to deliver thoughtful analysis and articulate recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
- Must possess business partnering skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate to a range of audiences, from operations personal to the executive leadership team.
- Creative problem solving
- Ability to drive process enhancements and change management
- Position will require moderate travel
Preferred Additional Experience:
- Prior experience with ERP systems (Oracle) and/or Hyperion
- Prior experience in cost accounting or manufacturing finance