Are you seeking a management opportunity that makes a difference in your community? Come join us as Apheresis Blood Collections Manager. Use your leadership skills, strategic planning abilities, project management experience, and staff development experience to manage blood drive operations in Southeastern Michigan and Great Lakes Regions for the American Red Cross.. Position may be based in Detroit, Lansing or Flint, MI. In this position, you will manage a large team of Supervisors, Leads, and Phlebotomists in our fixed sites in Michigan.
1. Develop or contribute to the development and implementation of annual operating budget to meet assigned collection and quality initiatives. Ensure resource capacity and efficient utilization of financial resources.
2. May develop, implement and monitor process improvement/quality improvement initiatives and staff training protocols to assure compliance with ARC directives, Federal, State and local regulatory requirements. Documentation of training and regulatory communications is accurate and timely.
3. Establish and oversee deployment of appropriate staffing levels to ensure the efficient and effective collection of blood and blood products to meet annual collection goals and regional patient need.
4. May assist with the evaluation and authorization of medical holds or deferrals and conducts follow-up investigations to manage suspect product or issues related to deviations from procedure.
5. Monitor, evaluate and correct donor flow and customer service problems in collaboration with Donor Recruitment, to enhance the donor experience and contribute to achievement of organizational goals.
6. Develop and supervise departmental supervisors and other collections staff in accordance with personnel policies and bargaining unit contracts, including performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, and hiring and firing decisions, to enhance success of operation and minimize turnover.
7. May manage the donor recruitment and or collection operations within the territory to ensure achievement of annual collection goals in the most cost efficient and effective manner possible.
8. May serve as project lead for regulatory procedure implementation and process improvement initiatives. Coordinate department training and or communication protocols, including in-services, regulatory requirements and new staff training. May lead projects for equipment planning, preventive maintenance and validation. May manage additional regional services such as production planning and volunteer support. May serve as eBDR administrator for the Region or Division.
9. Ensure effective internal and external communication between all department levels and functions to foster teamwork and enhance operational success.
10. Actively participate on cross-functional project teams and perform other related duties as necessary.
Bachelor's degree in nursing, management or equivalent combination of education and related experience required. Master's degree preferred. Minimum five years of related experience including three years management experience required. Excellent organizational skills, the ability to handle multiple priorities effectively, analyze problems and implement appropriate solutions, and assimilate information quickly. Ability to work independently while developing functioning teams among staff. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to deal with all levels of staff, hospital personnel, physicians, volunteers and donors. Proficient with Microsoft office applications.