- The Sr. Manager will provide Technical Accounting expertise, position papers, technical research, and memos for the organization.
- Provide guidance on technical accounting and revenue issues with regards to mergers and acquisitions accounting strategies.
- Provide technical assistance in US GAAP on revenue recognition rules to help determine changes between ASC 605 to ASC 606.
- Assist with the SEC reporting process including drafting Forms 10-Q and 10-K, preparing supporting schedules, checking XBRL requirements and the edgarization work.
- Build strong partnerships with General Accounting, FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Sales Operations, Product Business Units, Legal, IS&T and Internal Audit.
- Assist with the development of financial policies in response to operational changes, internal control requirements, or technical accounting requirements.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies, SOX controls, and regulations relating to US GAAP and SEC requirements.
Education & Experience:
- Proven ability to think strategically and plan effectively: be “hands on”, detail and results oriented, and manage multiple tasks against tight deadlines.
- Broad experience and knowledge of US GAAP with technical accounting experience related to accounting requirements and regulations.
- Experience in technical accounting and writing position papers.
- Some experience with public company filings process, SEC document writing, and XBRL tagging process.
- Must be successful in driving change management, while obtaining buy-in from key stakeholders. Flexible approach to complex transactions.
- Ability to quickly synthesize data and provide recommendations. Perform well under pressure.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, particularly written communication, and an ability to work in a fast paced, complex and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated success in assessing process requirements, process development implementation and maintenance. Deploying project best practices, policies and procedures.
- Quick learner with desire to continue to learn and grow knowledge base.
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple geographies and cultures.
- 8+ years of professional accounting experience including public accounting experience. Some industry experience also desirable. Experience with a global environment with varied financialreporting, accounting and business management practices desirable.
- Confident, self-starter who is comfortable with a mix of high level strategy work and everyday details.
- High level of Excel and Word skills required, knowledge of SAP is desirable.
- Some travelrequired.
- BA/BS in Accounting, MBA is preferred.