Retail Sales Manager II, Managing Director
5 - 7 years experience • Business Services
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank® and become a part of one of the world’s leading financial groups. Union Bank is a member of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we’re 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and most trusted West Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch, local delivery and global capabilities as we leverage our rich, 150-year history. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by competitive Total Rewards, including our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that’s working to fulfill its vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group.
Job Summary: Manage and direct sales effort and coordinate marketing activities for an assigned geographical area, and participate in strategic planning and goal setting to achieve maximum business results. In addition to the job duties outlined below, the Retail RSMs will oversee and maintain excellent working relationships with assigned Bank branch personnel and appropriate area executives.
- Recruit, coach, motivate and manage a sales team for an assigned territory. Assign and manage sales territories and budgeted resources to maximum business results and achieve established goals.
- Oversee and maintain excellent working relationships with assigned Bank branch personnel and appropriate area executives.
- Develop, implement, and monitor a detailed sales plan with specific goals for each territory and sales representative.
- Work closely with Division Sales Manager and marketing department to plan and execute local marketing strategies and tactics.
- Participate in the strategic planning process and provide written reports as required reflecting progress against established goals.
- Provide senior management and marketing regular monthly reports about competitive products and pricing, marketing campaigns, and forecasted sales results. Insure compliance with all Bank and regulatory compliance requirements and guidelines including Fair Lending and all Community Reinvestment Act objectives.
This position may be subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination.
- At least five years in mortgage lending sales management with related experience in underwriting, processing, secondary marketing, or administration highly desired.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills including familiarity with PCs and standard word processing applications software.
- Ability to ensure that the analysis is consistent with the financial products being offered. Ability to read and understand a profit and loss or basic income statement.
- Ability to prepare and effectively deliver sales presentations using applicable support materials.
- Strong sales and sales presentation skills.
- Effectively solve problems, present solutions, and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to recruit, train, and coach a sales team.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, always projecting a positive attitude, and providing an environment of professional excellence.
- Promote the highest professional and ethical standards.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
- Requisition #: 10017779-WD