Description: Leads the execution in assigned customer accounts within the U.S. in the communication of actionable, evidence-based clinical, economic and humanistic value propositions; quality of care information; and population management programs, models and tools for organized customer decision-makers to support optimal reimbursement for, patient access to and appropriate utilization of BI products. In collaboration with colleagues from the HEOR Value Demonstration Team (VDT), participates in product value proposition development. In collaboration with matrixed customer-facing team colleagues, develops and executes business plans which include the ongoing systematic analysis of assigned organized customer groups to identify and engage appropriate individuals for communication of HEOR, quality of care and population management messages. The incumbent also serves as a liaison between customers in multiple market segments and BI-matrixed workgroups to assure that utilized resources reflect customer needs for information and services provided by HEOR. This also includes training and communication of MLR-approved resources across all segments/channels and managed markets field personnel.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
*LI-DS1 Duties & Responsibilities
- Consult and establish relationships with C-Suite Medical and Pharmacy personnel, Medical Directors, Pharmacy Directors, Clinical Pharmacists, Outcomes personnel, Population Management Directors, Quality Directors, and others as required, in regard to their needs for clinical, health economics, and outcomes, data, population management resources and tools to support brand/disease value propositions and quality improvement efforts in disease states of interest to BI.
- Lead/manage/support implementation of health economics, outcomes and population management resources and initiatives with customers and accounts. Coordinate with the BIPI Account Management team to develop zone, account and channel specific strategic plans to ensure effective utilization of clinical and HEOR information, services, and tools.
- Participate in a variety of internal workgroups in conjunction with HEOR VDT and marketing colleagues to develop strategies, tactics, and tools to support the HEOR field function.
- Communicate account and project activities and provide status updates routinely to key internal stakeholders (monthly reports, best practices, objection management etc).
- Develop and coordinate all regional/zone HEOR internal training needs, as necessary.
- Support assigned Zone(s) in achieving field force effectiveness via the incorporation and delivery of HEOR tools and services to support strategies for maximizing product access and utilization across all assigned market segments and customers.
- Provide support to customers in analyzing and interpreting health outcomes data and assist customers in the use of this information with the goal of optimizing quality improvement and population management initiatives within their organizations.
- Provide support to customers in analyzing and interpreting health outcomes data and assist customers in use of this information with the goal of optimizing quality improvement and disease management initiatives within their organizations.
- Doctoral degree (e.g. PhD, PharmD, MD) and / or Master’s Degree (e.g., MHA, MSc) focused in Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Health Policy, Healthcare Administration and / or related healthcare field; and/ or Bachelor’s degree with Healthcare Professional License in related field (e.g., RPH) and minimum seven (7) years’ experience in payor organization or related (i.e., HEOR) Life Sciences organization function.
- Health Economics and Outcomes Research - study design, interpretation, and communication
- Population Health Management programs, medication therapy management programs, and transitions of care programs.
- Knowledge of US healthcare industry trends and in-depth knowledge of US Payers and organized providers and their impact on the pharmaceutical industry.
- Senior level influence and credibility - ability to engage senior executives both in BI and in external organizations.
- Ability to effectively communicate clinical, economic concepts and evidence-based concepts
- Ability to discuss healthcare delivery processes and inter-relationships between different customer-types in the healthcare marketplace.
- Functional in all Microsoft Office platform components
- Ability to travel on short notice
- Excellent communication skills, problem solving abilities, and interpersonal skills are a must
- Ability to travel, up to 4 days per week.
- Other as required
- HEOR operates under a complex regulatory/legal environment with interdepartmental/cross-country/external interfaces, requiring specialized training and pharmaceutical experience in outcomes research with a strategic focus. Overall, the function is critical to support the business in a highly volatile marketplace with an increasing focus on evidence and value-based decision-making. The position requires high level of functional expertise, in-depth understanding of the marketplace and business, and strong influence skills. In addition, the position requires a high level of matrix management both cross-functionally and in the field. Senior level customer interactions require strong command of an extremely complex and evolving healthcare environment. Must have ability to develop innovative HEOR tools and communication strategies that enable BIPI to maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace while retaining a high level of scientific integrity.
- Contributes to local and regional strategy development and execution.
- Develops field-based operational plans to align with local, regional, and departmental and business objectives.
- Successful track record for high performance and delivering results is critical to ensure optimal support for Managed Markets in achieving market access.
Desired Skills, Experience and Abilities:
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences (PharmD, MD, PhD, MS, MSN, DrPH, MPH etc).
- Advanced training and practical experience in outcomes research, pharmacy administration, health economics, public health, or related discipline required.
- Practical experience in population health management processes at the provider, medical group, and managed care levels.
- Significant work experience in a Managed Markets setting is necessary.
- Experience and/or in-depth knowledge of health economics, outcomes research, disease management processes and their application to communicating value propositions and quality improvement strategies to diverse customer and market segments is required.
- Highly developed skill set in data analytics and outcomes research methodology is required.
- Demonstrated leadership, planning, and project management skills.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older