The Schneider organization is seeking a savvy, dynamic and experienced Big Data / Business Intelligence Manager to join our growing Technology team. The Big Data / Business Intelligence Manager will provide a critical service to theenterprise by providing overall leadership for the administration, design, development and implementation of Schneider’s Business Intelligence and Big Data architecture and applications.
The Big Data / Business Intelligence Manager will develop the team and take an active role in project management, road mapping from business ideation, inception, development, support and sustainment. You will also have the opportunity toparticipate in budgeting, strategic planning and quality improvement initiatives for the department.
Duties and responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Lead large scale development projects to deliver high quality solutions that meet the technical and business requirements, deliver on schedule, and are within budget. Collaborate with other managers and teams regarding dependencies across projects.
- Responsible for building and maintaining the business intelligence and big data architecture and infrastructure and integrations to and from the Enterprise data foundation.
- Research, evaluate and deploy new and existing tools, frameworks and processes to grow and maintain a sustainable business intelligence and big data platform.
- Work closely with technical and development teams to apply big data and advanced analytical methodologies and technologies to complex business problems.
- Responsible for managing performance of a team of associates, including pro-actively working with associates towards achieving their career goals, objectives, conducting timely performance appraisal, midyear reviews and goal setting meetings and participate in compensation management. Assist in developing team’s annual budget and forecasting spends.
- Collaborate with other managers regarding dependencies across projects.
- Develop resource plans and identify responsibilities of project team members for project assignments. Assign project resources to project tasks, clearly setting expectations of task completion requirements.
- Communicate project status directly to customers/business sponsors and IT Leadership through status reports, weekly meetings, and any other communication tools.
- Lead quality assurance function for solutions produced by project teams to ensure adherence to quality standards. Review and approve deliverables and work products prior to milestone passage.
- Participate in compensation management, recruiting, budgeting, quality improvement, and strategic planning processes.
- Stay abreast of advances in business intelligence, big data and advanced analytics technologies, changes in thetransportation and logistics industries, and general business developments.
By choosing a career with Schneider, we improve your life by offering:
- Annual profit sharing bonuses available
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays and generous personal time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plus company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match plus a company-paid retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement and free financial service assistance
- Health Care Spending Account
- On-site services at some facilities including cafeteria, gym and fitness classes, walking/jogging trail, ATM, personal mail services, company store and much more
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity in every action, respect and excellence in all we do
- Individual development opportunities through company-paid training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Our preferred will have:
- Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in one of the following: Management Information System, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of increasingly progressive relevant responsibilities. Prefer 3+ years management experience leading business intelligence and big data development and implementations. Prefer experience utilizing business intelligence and big data technologies such as: OBIEE, Tableau, ODI, Hadoop, Hive, No SQL databases, relational databases, Apache Drill, Apache Tika, Spark, or similar open source technologies.
- Must have prior management or supervisory experience leading software development teams. Prefer experience leading a mix of associates, contract staff onsite and offshore, including personnel and project managementresponsibilities.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices, and techniques for managing the activities related to the systems and technologies involved.
- Experience with Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) methodology is preferred.
- Strong communication, critical thinking, and planning skills.