Quality Manager is accountable for the strategic and operational performance of the Quality department for Voltage Regulators and Transformers, ensuring the successful delivery of business strategy and operational goals to exceed customer expectations for product quality, cost and delivery, while facilitating continuous improvement and achieving commercial success.
The position is in the Transformers Organization in Jackson, MS, reporting to Country Business Unit Segment Manager. Quality Manager will be leading the quality team of around 10 people and ensure the efficient and effective day to day running of the department.
· Lead the Quality function including Supplier Quality, In-Process Quality, Product Testing, Final Inspection and Customer Service. Identify and develop the Quality team structure.
· Ensure that quality strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of cost, quality and delivery targets.
· Provide department leadership which supports strategic initiatives.
· Ensure customer quality issues and non-conformances are resolved in a timely manner taking the lead for the mitigation actions with other functions in the organization such as Manufacturing, Engineering, Marketing, and Procurement.
· Identify and pro-actively lead continuous improvement actions to prevent non-conformances working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
· Ensure strong communication with other functions in the organization, facilitate exchange of information in order to implement change and improvements regarding quality.
· Establish Quality Performance data and Key Performance Indicators, report on Quality activities on a regular basis to the Management team.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· 5+ years quality management experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Degree in Engineering (preferably Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering)
· Proven leadership/team management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development.
· Ability to create a culture which promotes a team environment.
· A keen eye for detail and a results driven approach.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Impeccable communication, presentation, interpersonal and influencing skills.
· Hands-on approach, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience in Voltage Regulator and Transformer business or similar industries in energy business
· Six-Sigma black belt
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
Requisition Number: 500074