Fortify Security Technical Support Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Customer Solution Centers are made up of teams that provide remote (offsite) service; customer access, pre-sales, post-sales, and service delivery. Technical teams focus is to solve various business systems and applications problems for customers, onsite engineering personnel and Authorized Service Providers on standard, specialized or complex systems.
- Successfully resolve technical issues (hardware and software) from incoming internal or external businesses and end user's contacts and proactive notification systems.
- Respond to service, product, technical, and customer- relations questions on subjects such as features, specifications, and repairs on current and discontinued products, parts, and options, based on customer entitlement (warranty through mission- critical). .
- Proactively assist internal or external businesses and end users to avoid or reduce problem occurrence.
- Ability to act as a mentor and guide other employees. Ability to provide direction and guidance to process improvements.
- Ability to articulate clearly, recommend and explain resolutions /clients.
- Understand and utilize ITIL.
- Represent the company in a face to face customer location visit, industry conference/trade show, vendor meeting, etc.
Education and Experience Required:
- First Level University degree: a) technical, b) non-technical (i.e., Bachelor of Arts/ Science). Typically 3-4 year completion beyond High School level, BA/BS or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years experience in relevant technologies and customer environments.
- Relevant industry qualification where applicable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in language to be supported.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills in a technical environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced Software and hardware knowledge of computing, storage and peripheral devices.
- Specific knowledge and training with the company's products. Knowledge of multiple product lines (for example, proactive, reactive, storage, enterprise systems, tier 2 or 3 support, etc.).
- Advanced proficiency with case management databases and tools.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Phone and remote support experience. E-support experience, knowledge and resolution ability.
- Ability to solve and document solutions for usage of othertechnicians and customers.
- Ability to mentor new agents.
- Ability train peers on solutions.
- Ability to take full ownership for resolution with escalated customers.
- Ability to lead technical action plans.
- Lead or provide expertise to teams or projects.
- Highly Developed knowledge of more complex solutions.