Area: EQA Enterprise
EMS GTR manages the QA environments to support functional and performance testing for GTR, including coordinating and scheduling Infrastructure changes in partnership with AD Release Management and EI to ensure such changes do not adversely impact DTG releases. EMS GTR also performs routine monitoring and coordinates environment stability in close partnership with EI and AD, as well as executing jobs and performing other routine operations support. EMS GTR is also responsible for environment shakeouts after code deployments as well as parity assessments with corresponding production environments for GTR.
Position Title: Lead Environment Engineer
Responsible for managing the QA environments to support functional and performance testing for GTR.
Ideal candidate possesses application development, system administration and/or operations support experience. Self-starter who possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to handle multiple projects and to meet project deadlines.
Test Environment Management Support
• Develop, maintain and execute scripts to automate processes that are currently manual, e.g., using Autosys.
• Enhance existing shell script automation frameworks.
• Maintain environment configurations and server inventory for QA environments for GTR.
• Develop test environment management strategy and approach.
• Manage automation activities and provide status to stakeholders on accessing overall progress and completion.
• Support functional and performance QA activities by troubleshooting environment issues as reported in defect tracking system
• Works closely with application development and other technical teams to understand how changes in the software product affect maintenance of test scripts.
• Works with technical resources to discuss and troubleshoot issues.
• Works with business resources to understand purpose and concept for software features.
Test Environment Management Leadership
• Provides guidance and direction to employees and consultants and, as needed, provides complex automation of test environment management services to multiple projects for GTR in QA.
• Mentors and directs activities of more junior test environment management engineers.
• Coordinates multiple projects and guides project team members with internal and external interfaces, particularly for more complex test environment management situations.
• Ensures on-time delivery of work including monitoring of external and internal dependencies, tracking of progress, and monitoring of project milestones accomplishments by:
o Recording work status information and generating status reports; and
o Ensuring all activity is accurately recorded and reported.
• Ensures quality and timeliness of work by other team members on the Team, assisting with issues resolution.
• Drives coordination and implementation of changes to improve performance.
• Provides support and on-the-job training to more junior or less experienced team members.
• Facilitates individual team member development of technical, functional, and industry skills.
• Acts as a role model and mentors other team members.
• Provides input to Team Lead on team member performance.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in application development and/or system administration/operations support.
• Experience in test environment management a big plus.
Knowledge and Technical Skills Required:
• 3+ years of hands-on expertise in Java development and/or automated scripting solutions.
• Experience in developing test environment management automation frameworks a big plus.
• Hands-on experience with a majority of the following are a plus: Java or other JVM language; Amazon Web Services or other cloud; web development; Oracle, PL/SQL or other RDBMS; Greenplum, Hadoop or other data warehousing; Datastage or other ETL; shell scripting; Python or other scripting
• Nice to have’s: Autosys, Jenkins, Chef, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Maven, Bitbucket, NoSQL, REST/SOAP, HP ALM
• Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
• Knowledge in supporting functional and performance QA testing.
Education, Training &/or Certification:
• Degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred