Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
- Internal client liaison on existing systems providing business and technical expertise in specifying and documenting new functions
- Subject-matter expert for banking, financial services business systems, queing, API/Web Services and Mobile technology
- Interface directly with clients to gather requirements for new or modified functionality.
- Schedule, facilitate and document meetings using tools such as conference lines and Webex, as needed.
- Gather, analyze, and define stakeholder requirements for our digital products
- Analyze and propose solutions to meet defined business requirements in collaboration with development and business partners
- Create and maintain formal documentation, both technical and non-technical, to describe software solutions using narrative and visual tools including but not limited to as-is/to-be descriptions, process flows, wire frames, screen flows, activity diagrams, data mappings, sequence diagrams, context diagrams, use cases, data flow diagrams, and systems integration specifications
- Suggest and document new processes and procedures to enhance communication and provide more efficient solutions, as needed
- Consult on issues of moderate technical complexity and route more advanced questions to the right resources within the IT division.
- As part of a project team, support test plan development, help to identify test data, and take part in the actual testing phase of the SDLC if necessary.
- Provide second-tier production support for applications and systems in Webster Bank
- Work with a project manager on medium and large projects to ensure that Project Management Life Cycle is followed and all Sarbanes-Oxley requirements are met
- Provide project management duties as needed for smaller projects or team efforts
- Coordinate with internal and external resources to track the status of identified problems and drive them towards solutions
- Support and guide the Software Development Lifecycle
- Support production releases
Qualities & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, business, finance or related field required
- 3 + years of business experience in complex business analysis and system support across multiple platforms
- Experience with Agile, Iterative and Waterfall software development methodologies
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal communications with strong team orientation
- Outstanding verbal, written and technical communication, analytical and computer skills required
- Organized with strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Flexibiilty to quickly adjust to changing requirements and new applications or procedures
- Strong skills and experience with analyzing production patterns and volumes to effectively grasp customer impact and support production issues with appropriate urgency
- Extremely detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of web services, XML, Queuing Systems, Financial Systems, and Mobile Solutions desireable