Project Manager - Capex Projects - Heavy Industry
$100K - $140K ($100K - $140K base, strong incentive pay plan)
Posted on 12/06/17 by Jeffrey Latterell
Little Rock, AR
11 - 15 years experience
Metals & Mining
$100K - $140K
($100K - $140K base, strong incentive pay plan)
Posted on 12/06/17 Jeffrey Latterell
PROJECT MANAGER - CAPEX PROJECTS - HEAVY INDUSTRY
- LOCATION No immediate relocation required. Office in your home - (Eventual relocation is a likelihood)
- INDUSTRY Aluminum Industry
- In this position you will be managing capital projects that improve the production capabilities of process plants. Mechanical Engineer preferred. Extensive (75%) travel required.
DESCRIPTION for PROJECT MANAGER - CAPEX PROJECTS - HEAVY INDUSTRY
- Plan and execute capital improvement projects for expansion and/or upgrade of aluminum extrusion and rolling mill facilities. Develop project scope, feasibility, cost estimates and schedule. This is a "hands-on" responsibility.
- Prepare project approval authorizations
- Develop specifications.
- Charter, lead and facilitate cross functional project teams.
- Manage project resources, budgets and schedules.
- Administer engineering and design contracts.
- Coordinate and manage installations, outages, and equipment start-ups.
- Prepare and organize project documentation.
- Coordinate operator and maintenance training.
- Track, report and manage final project performance, schedule and cost compliance.
QUALIFICATIONS for PROJECT MANAGER - CAPEX PROJECTS - HEAVY INDUSTRY
- Minimum of a BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or otherengineering discipline).
- MS in Engineering and/or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in "hands-on" planning and execution of capital projects in industries including: aluminum, steel, pulp & paper or similar process plant industry.
- Ability to travel75%+ of the time.
- Anticipated base salary in the 100 - 140K range plus strong incentive plan.
REFERENCE # LTS- 587