Strategic Sourcing Program Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
The Strategic Sourcing Program Manager (SSPM) is responsible for identifying, developing and executing strategic sourcing project and initiatives to meet the goals and priorities of the Supply Chain Department.
Success in this position involves facilitating collaborative stakeholder relationships, executing competitive bid events, negotiating supplier contracts, developing supplier partnerships, and meeting or exceeding annual sourcing goals and cost savings targets.
• Lead the development and implementation of projects to meet the goals and priorities of the Supply Chain Dept.
• Identify, develop, and manage strategic sourcing projects from end to end
• Assemble cross functional teams to support project initiatives
• Facilitate the definition of project objectives, goals, tasks, and resource requirements
• Resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas
• Develop methods to monitor project progress, and provide corrective supervision as necessary
• Manage total project costs including budget and resource allocation
• Supplier contract negotiations and management
• Evaluation of supplier performance to identify / implement actions for value-add development
• Experience with PFEP / Making materials flow
• Domestic travel between 25-40% maybe required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team focused atmosphere
• Strong organization and analytical skills
• Effective verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to create and follow Standard Work processes on a daily basis
• Completes tasks within the requested timeline, with limited oversight.
• Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize workload in order to meet project deadlines.
• Intermediate to advance MS Excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookup, etc.)
• BA or BS in Supply Chain, Mechanical Engineering, Business Management
• 4 - 7 years of experience purchasing management of which 2-3 years of strategic sourcing
• 3 – 5 years of project management experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
• Industrial Manufacturing and casting experience is a major plus
• Master’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Mechanical or IndustrialEngineering
• PMP, CPPM or other professional certification for project management, purchasing or supply chain