The Business Intelligence Analyst is a vital member of our mission.
In this role you are responsible for identifying business intelligence, reporting, and data analysis needs, and helping address business challenges through the use of data and visualizations. The BI Analyst will be expected to work closely with business users and IS teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. Incumbent will be a key business and technical resource to develop scalable and intuitive dashboards, reporting solutions, and other visualizations. Responsible for providing user education of business intelligence and analytical applications and help ensure access to data with the goal of promoting self-service. Manages and supports technical and user aspects of BI solutions, and will use appropriate programming and design methodologies to design and develop high quality analytical products.
Why are we the “Employer of first choice”?
We provide a world of opportunity for professional growth and personal advancement by making the health and financialsecurity of our employee’s a top priority. We embrace our responsibility to the people who make us the largest private employer in the central San Joaquin Valley by offering comprehensive and affordable medical benefits as part of your employment with CMC. We value giving you a choice in your health coverage by providing three medical plan options. You will also be offered prescription drug, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, discounts on many goods and services, and an employer matched Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan (403(b)).
Our team members enjoy additional benefits such as: education reimbursement, an employee gym, concierge service, and award winning cuisine.
Based in Fresno, California, we are a multi-specialty healthcare system comprised of four hospitals; Community Regional Medical Center, Clovis Community Medical Center, Fresno Heart & Surgical Hospital, Community Behavioral Health Center. Additionally, our system includes other health care facilities and a physician residency program in conjunction with the University of California, San Francisco. Our primary service area is 15,000-square-miles, and we're home to the only combined, burn and Level 1 trauma center between Los Angeles and Sacramento.
- Work on complex and cross-functional business intelligence and data wareshousing solutions, collaborating effectively with IS and other Corporate departments, clinical operations, business operations, facility staff and other stakeholders.
- Act as a liaison between the business and the technical teams to facilitate requirements gathering sessions, set expectations and coordinate with team members on design and delivery of analytics solutions.
- Develop automated reports and dashboards using various BI tools such as Tableau, SAP BusinessObjects, Crystal Reports etc.
- Develop test plans, use cases, scenarios and scripts to ensure technical product solutions meet standards and align with business requirements.
- Provide user education of business intelligence and analytical applications to assist in ensuring access to data with the goal of promoting self-service and reduced reliance on technical specialists in order to obtain data.
- Act as an authority on BI tools, technology platform and related systems to handle queries about clinical and business data/analytical solutions.
- Perform thorough data quality and profiling activities to ensure that information delivered from BI solutions is reliable and of consistently high quality.
- Use all internal and external resources at his/her disposal to stay up to date with new BI/analytics trends.
- Develop a high-level understanding of BI tool architecture, functions, features and capabilities to guide users with data discovery and analysis.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of enterprise data architecture, data management standards and governance structure using technology as well as process expertise.
- Establish key relationships at both facility and corporate level to deliver effective and efficient solutions for data/analytics across the organization.
- Collaborate with vendors and other external entities to support and expand analytical tools, expertise, and offerings for the organization.
Minimum required: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Healthcare Management, Information Systems, or related field. Five years’ experience in Business/Data Analysis, Reporting/Dashboard development, Business Intelligence, Analytics or related field.
Preferred: Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Healthcare Management, Information Systems, or related field.
Job Number: 2017-6504