Summary: The Engineering Manager is responsible for managing, directing, and coordinating product designs and process engineering functions for Integrated Microwave Assemblies (IMA), or multi-functional microwave assemblies. The IMA Engineering Manager will lead a team of engineers with various disciplines across multiple facilities. The IMA Engineering Manager will define system block diagrams to provide subsystem solutions for customer programs.
The IMA Engineering Manager will participate in customer visits to evaluate product, product market, and determine future market needs. They will perform a program execution advisory role to develop strategic business direction for New Product Introduction along with establishing standard work, processes, and guidelines, for the design and development teams across the RF2M engineering group.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Provides direction and manages Process Engineering and Product Design
- Organizes and controls all technical engineering projectsPlans for the development of new products and processes driven by customer needs and specifications and monitors progress based on development goals.
- Devises and implements value engineering and quality improvement projects.
- Monitors products to established quality levels and adjusts designs and processes to meet or exceed standards of timely completions, cost targets and technical performance.
- Evaluates and recommends new technologies.
- Responsible for the staffing and development of engineering personnel.
- Provides feedback and coaching to engineering personnel.
- Performs other process, product or materials related tasks as required by supervisor.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, ElectricalEngineering or related field AND
- 3 to 5 years in a manufacturing environment - preferably in an electronics environment or related, Managerial experiencepreferred OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.); Web proficiency.
- Experience with Electronic Test Equipment, Production Equipment, and RF analysis equipment.
- Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented
- Strong leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of customer and military specifications
- Ability to understand electrical and physical properties of materials
- Ability to analyze and respond to situations promptly
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.