Senior Manager, Corporate Billing, Accounts Receivable
5 - 7 years experience • Misc. Healthcare
UHN is a multi-site health care organization with revenues over $2.1 billion. Reporting to the Senior Director Finance, Corporate Services, the Senior Manager, CBARR leads revenue, collection and cash handling services, in addition to overseeing patient registration practices across UHN sites. This leadership role is a key player in maximizing overall hospital working capital and cash flow and is integral to ensuring that revenue streams, from both patients and third parties, are billed and collected.
• Effective management of UHN billing, accounts receivable and collection systems, efficiently processing over 400,000 transactions per month. Ensure compliance with OHIP and other regulatory and insurer regulations.
• Contribute strategic guidance and operational support to UHN business units to improve existing revenue streams and develop new revenues
• Establish departmental objectives, develop plans, and evaluate progress in achieving these plans
• Lead a decentralized team of over 30 staff in achieving CBARR objectives while encouraging a culture of service, problem-solving and innovation in support of UHN’s mission and values
• Develop and manage key metrics, budgets and forecasts to effectively monitor cash receipts and maximize the quality of accounts receivable portfolios and CBARR net revenues. Analyze performance and work with CBARR staff, Finance and business units to improve revenue and cash flow.
• Establish and monitor strong internal controls to ensure completeness of revenue, security of cash and accuracy of financial reporting
• Provide leadership on patient registration practice collaborating with Decision Support, Clinical Departments, and Health Records to set standards for registration to improve the quality of patient information captured for billing, reporting, funding and Patient Health Records
• Effective management and execution of projects to enhance systems and improve efficiencies and operations
• Contribute to the broader Hospital mandate and enable best practices through participation in enterprise wide committees and external groups e.g. MOHLTC, E-health, OHA. Co-chair of the UHN Registration Scheduling Advisory Committee.
• Completion of a recognized post-secondary program in accounting, business administration or recognized equivalent
• Completion of a CPA accounting designation
• Demonstrated experience managing a large team with seven years related experience in financial management. Operational knowledge of Ontario Hospital billing. Five years managing a hospital billing & receivable function is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated experience in managing/maintaining internal controls, budgets, accounting and financial reporting functions in a multi-divisional organization
• Proven experience establishing strong, collaborative working relationships in a complex, multi-stakeholder organization
• Experience with process analysis, re-engineering and implementing efficiency improvements
• Project management experience implementing financial systems
• Demonstrated ability to deliver on competing deadlines
• Excellent analytical, problem recognition and problem solving skills, change oriented
• Strong MS Office skills, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
• Knowledge of SAP and Infor Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management (HRCM) is highly desirable
JOB POSTING # 815307