Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
Under minimal supervision, the Senior Sales Executive is responsible for new account development and/or expanding existing accounts within an established geographic territory. This position sells ULs products, systems, and/or services to customers in an assigned territory, industry, or accounts.
- Identifies and pursues prospects through various lead generated activities, including tradeshow, direct mailing, advertising, cold-calling, on key industry players and referral program.
- Meets with prospects to understand their purchase decision makers, decision making process criteria, and their needs.
- Develops sales presentations for potential new clients. Leads the sales presentations in support of growing the clientele for ULs services.
- Responsible for meeting with and presenting to the highest profile/potential clients.
- Provides value propositions, handles objections, prepares quotes, and closes sales by getting prospects’ commitments.
- Retains existing customers that are not managed by account management teams.
- Identifies and resolves a wide range of issues with little or no supervision.
- Coaches and mentors lower level staff on effective direct sales skills and sales processes.
- Supports junior staff in the identification and evaluation of important customer information.
- Performs other duties as directed.
*OPEN TO ANYWHERE IN THE US
University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelors degree) in a related discipline plus generally eight years of directly related experience.Extensive knowledge of company policies and sales processes.Requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conduct presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules to senior level management and customers.Has extensive knowledge of companys products and services.Significant business travel and work outside of the office required.
Job ID 2017-6992