Senior Manager - Database Marketing Campaign Analyst
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Analytics & Business Insight (ABI) organization supports multiple business units across Schwab through quantitative-based decision support. Our mission is to help Schwab better understand our customers and harness the power of analytics, insights and thought leadership to drive business impact.
Our Data-Driven Communications (DDC) team within ABI provides our marketing and business partners with support in their acquisition and client engagement strategies by identifying events, triggers, alerts and attributes that create opportunities for relevant interactions. The Database Marketing team within ABI delivers direct marketing support and analysis, including evaluating business requirements, designing complex marketing campaigns, evaluating campaigns and providing recommendations to inspire efficiency and effectiveness. Our services are in heavy demand due to our reputation for accuracy, strong business insight, outstanding productivity and attention to detail – allowing us to seek candidates to grow the team further. We support Senior Management in a wide range of departments throughout Schwab, including Marketing Communications, Client Experience, Sales and Finance, and work with a wide range of business and technical partners throughout the firm.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Manager, Database Marketing, will support analytics and targeted communications in support of the Cash Management business at Schwab.
You will carry out complex assignments requiring in-depth working knowledge of marketing principles, program and procedures and a solid understanding of relevant business issues. In-depth knowledge of database analysis and highly competent in the use of SAS and SQL is required. Experience using complex data sources in relational and flat file formats, advance expertise with Excel, including the use of pivot tables to display and manipulate information is required. Experience in test design and measurement of marketing programs is required.
Additionally, you will:
- Act as an internal consultant to our business partners to assess their decision-making, reporting and marketing needs, and recommend appropriate metrics, either from existing reports or from new reports to be developed.
- Research, analyze and leverage data from a wide range of internal and external sources to generate comprehensive direct marketing lists.
- Develop and apply a deep and broad understanding of the underlying business & marketing issues that your reports and analyses are intended to address, in order to ensure their accuracy & relevance. Use your highly efficient and accurate programming in SAS or SQL.
- Familiarity with IBM campaign (Unica) or other marketing campaign software is helpful.
What you have:
We are looking for a highly enthusiastic, mature and responsible analyst with sound technical skills who is willing to work independently and with the team as a whole to organize, prioritize, and complete multiple projects within aggressive deadlines. You should have interest and expertise in marketing strategy development, marketing program analysis, and results presentation.
Specific qualifications include:
- BA/BS degree and 11 years or more work experience in a SAS programming, analytical and/or consulting role
- Preferably 3+ years of expertise in marketing strategy development and execution, marketing program analysis, and results presentation
- Demonstrated success as a thought partner and as a champion/leader of new ideas
- Interest and ability in working both independently and highly collaboratively
- Sharp analytical skills with an ability to understand and build metrics, analyze data for insights and optimize campaigns based on learnings
- Ability to remain poised and productive amidst unclear and shifting priorities and aggressive deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization skills
- Strong SAS or SQL programming, business analysis and data analysis skills as evidenced by 11+ years of development and analysis experience; experience with IBM Campaign (Unica) or other campaign software a plus
- Ability and enthusiasm for working across multiple platforms