The position is responsible for supporting the Business Development team and the site Operations, by providing commercial management of existing customer relationships and providing on-site leadership for potential new customers and their business development opportunities. Works with senior management, business development, and operations in the negotiation of pricing and commercial contracts which support the sterile manufacturing business. Working with NPI and operations teams, ensures that customer programs effectively transition from signed opportunity to development/tech transfer program to commercial launch and routine production.
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
- Act as key relationship manager for customers (existing and new) working within a given site and ensure a superior level of communication occurs between the parties.
- Coordinate and conduct customer site visits and associated hospitality.
- Cooperate with Legal, Finance, VP Business Development and Operations to prepare Supply Agreements for targeted customers and serve as lead negotiator and execute Supply Agreements with support from VP/GM and VP, Business Development.
- Provide support to other BD team members on strategy/negotiation of quotations, development agreements and commercial supply agreements
- Track commercial supply agreements to ensure capture of relevant provisions (e.g., fees, price increases, KPIs, forecasts, renewals).
- Serve as value pricing leader for assigned site/technology and appropriately manage and execute against identified value pricing opportunities. Work with VP/BD and site team to implement value pricing practices and processes. Support the BD team in reporting and tracking functions.
- Work as an integral member of the site, working closely with site GMs, supply chain directors, and BD team to identify and pursue current fiscal year revenue opportunities with existing customers. Develop and own delivery of budgeted customer revenue numbers for a site through participation in the site S&OP process
- Collaborate with other Business Unit BD teams in the construction and execution of their strategic account plan(s), if applicable.
- Oversee metrics tracking, reporting and forecasting business:
- Work with IT/corporate sales operations to bridge existing offline metrics tracking with reporting in Voyager
- Act as key point person for site S&OP and forecasting processes – work with site and BD team to pursue short-term revenue opportunities
- Oversee and track pipeline value projections – with input from broader BD team
- Act as key site resource for development of commercial pricing; works with site finance to understand profitability and works with BD on pricing strategy
- Work with NPI teams to manage new business assessment/quoting process
- Assist quality department in the negotiation of quality agreements with clients in collaboration with the legal department.
- Continually evaluate and adapt new business and customer processes to create greater efficiency and effectiveness in pursuing new business and managing existing customers
- Maintain effectiveness of the Quality System
- Other duties as assigned.
Education or Equivalent:
- Bachelor’s degree in science, business administration or other related field
- Master’s of business administration preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience in pharmaceutical or medical device manufacturing, quality or regulatory, general business management, technical project management and analysis
- Relevant industry knowledge of sterile drug product and biologic development, analytical research and development, project scale-up, product manufacturing, quality, validations, and regulatory
- Experienced contract negotiator
- Analytical, financial, and statistical skills
- Customer services skills and professional demeanor
- MS Office skills
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
- Read, understand, interpret, and apply technical writing and instructions including manufacturing instructions
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak clear English.
- Physical Requirements:
- Sit and work with computer for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Read written documents and use computer monitor screen frequently.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen, talking, writing, listening
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 20 pounds