- Prospect for potential customers using various direct methods such as calling and face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking.
- Work primarily in U.S. national territory with some global opportunities.
- Qualify prospects against company criteria for ideal customers and sales.
- Consult with prospect about business challenges and requirements, as well as the range of data solutions options and cost benefits of each.
- Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects.
- Make presentations to senior managers and decision makers.
- Draft and deliver proposals.
- Work with technical staff and product specialists where required to address customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain territory and key-account plans which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis.
- Report on sales activity on a weekly basis.
- Keep detailed notes on prospect and customer interactions using Salesforce.com.
- Provide forecasts on best case and most likely sales volumes over relevant time periods.
- Work with delivery teams to proactively address problems.
- Cultivate strong relationships with internal and third party partners that may be required to deliver full solutions to customers.
- Work with marketing to plan and execute lead generation campaigns.
- Provide feedback to sales management on ways to decrease the sales cycle, enhance sales, and improve company brand and reputation.
- Provide feedback to company management on market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs, and opportunities to deliver greater value to customers by extending company offerings.
- Identify sales support requirements and materials.
- Be a positive representative of Epsilon and its brand in the marketplace.
- Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred) and 3-10 years’ experience, preferably selling marketing solutions to national and large regional retailers.