Tissue Machine Superintendent
Primary Purpose: Oversight of the day to day operations of a world class, structured sheet tissue paper machine. Personnel safety, process optimization, maintenance input and machine efficiency are key elements. This position supports the Yankee dryer code responsible person.
- Primary technical coach for operations team members
- Work with vendors for process optimization which includes: NTT belt designs, chemical optimization
- Leadpartnership meetings with Kraft Mill and Converting to ensure operational synergies
- PI/Proficy Power User
- Training development, centerline development.
- Serve as relief for the Tissue Manufacturing Operations Manager as needed
- Participates with Maintenance to seek out needed maintenance items and assist in planning the daily, weekly and monthly maintenance items.
- Develops and implements daily rounds and assists in difficult operating and quality related issues.
- Answers customer complaints and leads efforts to implement pro-active & preventative solutions.
- Investigates monthly and YTD costs and leads efforts to meet or better planned costs.
- Work with operations team to facilitate improvements in production rates, efficiencies, yields, and costs.
- Lead development, training, and start-up of new projects.
- Coordinate area continuous improvement efforts (i.e. 90-day teams).
- Support shutdown planning and activities.
- Monitor and report on daily quality parameters.
- Coordinate and lead customer trial efforts.
- Coordinate and assist chemical vendor trials
- Coordinates between paper machines and departments to maximize production and minimize cost.
- Provides training to work crew as needed.
- Ensures safety/quality policies and procedures are followed and provides monthly safety/quality training programs to crew.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least five years actually working on a multi-layer headbox crescent former paper machine in either dry crepe, through air dried or structured sheet technology in a technical role.
- An engineeringdegree in pulp and paper sciences or chemicalengineering is the desire, other types of engineers such as electrical and mechanical with experience in paper making are acceptable or 10 years’ applicable experience acceptable in lieu of degree.
- Understanding of machine processes operating at maximum efficiency.
- Must have very good organizational, analytical, computer and communication skill.
- Progressively responsible management position related to operations in tissue manufacturing
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership and teamwork skills
- Troubleshooting (process focus) skills