AWS Elemental is an Amazon Web Services company that combines deep video expertise with the power and scale of the cloud, and we are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join us on our AWS Elemental Delta product team, where you will help us give our customers the freedom to focus on what matters: transforming ideas into compelling content that captivates viewers.
AWS Elemental Delta is a video delivery platform designed to optimize the monetization, management and distribution of multiscreen video across internal and external IP networks. Through just-in-time (JIT) video packaging and intelligent caching, the platform enables a complete solution for time-shifted TV and real-time content delivery with advanced levels of customization and control, including network bandwidth optimization, profile manipulation and highly targeted ad insertion.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to develop coding solutions around just-in-time video repackaging, distributed video delivery, optimizing for distributed data workflows, video delivery to many end-user devices (phones, tablets, computers, TVs), large scale http-based system architectures, caching strategies for maximizing performance and encryption/DRM. This role requires outstanding programming skills and a passion for user experience and design.
As a member of the team, you will contribute to all aspects of the software lifecycle: design, experimentation, implementation and testing. You should be willing to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done. You should have an entrepreneurial spirit, love autonomy, know how to deliver, and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems.
What you'll do:
· Write great code to make our great products even greater!
· Design and implement new features from specification to final test
· Work closely with Software, WebDev, QA and Automated Test Engineers to deliver a complete, tested customer solution
· Work in an agile development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff
· Learn a tremendous amount about modern media technologies
· Have fun in a challenging but rewarding environment
· A passion for software development
· A BS in Computer Science, Math or an Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
· 2+ years of software development experience
· Media software development (protocols, DRM, compression, etc…)
· A deep understanding of MySQL, Postgres or MS SQL
· Distributed systems
· Amazon Web Service