- Provide thought leadership and implementable direction to drive Watson Health capabilities into new and existing federal markets.
- Work collaboratively with Watson Health senior leadership and technical experts to develop new intellectual capital and offerings by leveraging the company’s existing capabilities (people, process, or technologies/products).
- Develop and execute business development plans in conjunction with leadership, business consulting, and systems delivery groups to meet or exceed division revenue goals.
- Develop relationships with teaming partners for future business opportunities.
- Maintain regular contact with senior and executive-level decision makers in relevant federal government agencies and among health industry leaders to communicate market changes to internal Watson Health leaders.
- Build effective relationships and a collaborative environment with Watson Health cross-functional teams to deliver compelling presentations, demonstrations and proposals that result in new business revenue.
Operational and Financial Management
- Lead internal operations of a department (finance, reporting, risk management, forecasting, etc.) and hold accountability for department revenue goals.
- Engage effectively in complex negotiations with prospective clients and teaming partners around business commitments and the details of business proposals.
- Engage as a senior leader in complex delivery challenges both at the onset of new engagements as well as in existing contracts, designing successful delivery operations on new contracts or troubleshooting delivery problems on existing contracts.
Recruitment and Staff Development
- Proactively and consistently identify labor and subject matter expertise demands. Recruit consulting leaders and delivery professionals for prospective engagements at Watson Health.
- Manage a variety of staff, including but not limited to consultants, programmers, researchers, analysts, managers, and statisticians. Set annual goals and monitor staff performance.
- Champion overall federal vision and goals as a senior leader in the federal group
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Other Project Executive
Role ( Job Role )
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8+ yrs of experience developing a thorough understanding of the current U.S. health care environment and the implications of health policy and industry changes on federal government clients.
- 8+ yrs of experience developing a thorough understanding of the current U.S. health care environment and the implications of health policy and industry changes of federal government clients. Ability to advise senior federal officials based on that knowledge.
- 8+ years of proven people, project management and consensus building experience in a virtual team environment.
- Ability to lead large multi-disciplinary teams in a matrixed environment across departments and geographies.
- Proven track record growing a portfolio of new business as well as expanding existing business.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with leadership of federal clients.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?