Citrix Engineer I - Infrastructure
Less than 5 years experience • Business Services
The Technical Engineer I is responsible for the resolution of the technical issues associated with the information systems of Keck Medicine of USC. The Technical Specialist I assists senior level engineers in resolving software, or systems design, development, installation, and performance issues.
- Provide administration for enterprise-wide support, installation, maintenance, management, and coordination of Keck Medicine of USC’s infrastructure.
- Participate in data center installs, provision capabilities, and physical infrastructure for data center systems.
- Provide off-hour on-call support for issues; apply expertise and independent judgment in order to rapidly restore service.
- Will work on assigned projects both independently and as part of a team.
- Proactively monitor infrastructure hardware and software
- Timely and complete resolution of all tickets and service requests assigned
- Follow established procedures in the creation of detailed Change Management documentation, and in planning and implementation of modifications to production infrastructure environments
- Monitor, analyze and report on performance of systems and software.
- Install and configure hardware and software consistent with organizational standards
Minimum Education: Required Education:
• An Associate’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Or the equivalent combination of experience and education that would demonstrate the capability to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
• At least two (2) years’ experience supporting technology environments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Familiarity with diagnostic and administrative tools.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good customer service skills
• Good communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
• Able to solve a range of problems in stressful situations
• Able to analyze possible solutions and assess each using standard procedures
• Able to effectively explain information and influence others in straightforward situations
• Able to make appropriate decisions within guidelines and policies
• Able to effectively prioritize own work to meet changing deadlines
• Provide after-hours and weekend on-call support for service-related issues.