UniFirst Corporation is seeking to add a full time AS/400 Developer/ Analyst to their growing IT staff. In this role, you will be responsible for enhancements and maintenance of existing systems.
In addition, we are converting one AS/400 custom developed systems to another AS/400 custom developed system.
- Work closely with business users, management & IT groups to analyze, define requirements, specify & design business applications and ensure appropriate technical solutions to meet business needs. Review business processes and make recommendations for improvement. Manage user expectations by providing feedback on alternatives and current status.
- Participate in requirements & design phases in the following business & systems areas: Order Processing, Inventory Management, Catalog system, Personalization system, and Invoicing.
- Responsible for programming/coding assignments on a regular basis. On average, 60% of time spent on requirements/research/analysis/design, 40% of time spent on programming assignments.
- Responsible for issues and problems monitoring. This includes documenting issues and problems, coordinating the resolution process, and documenting the resolution.
- Revise existing systems/application programs and procedures to correct errors, improve efficiency and add new features.
- Perform routine assignments independently and discuss or seek approval on complex matters.
- Participate in the regular coverage for on-call support and problem resolutions for production systems.
- Experience working in an iSeries (AS/400) environment
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to manage change and effectively lead by example in testing fixes and enhancements and adhering to SDLC principles.
- Ability to prepare/maintain design documents and specifications to be presented to the customer
- Ability to prepare test plans and assist in the system test and quality assurance process.
- Demonstrated ability to write concise project documentation
- Ability to work closely with users and deal with them in a professional manner
- 3 – 5 years experience of application design
- 5 plus years of programming experience in RPG, which includes III, IV, ILE, Free Form, and SQLRPG
- 1-2 year SQL working experiencerequired
- Working knowledge of Aldon CMS (Lifecycle manager for iSeries)
- Bachelor's degree with a specialization in computer science or related field preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, Outlook
- Ability to interface Client/Server applications as related to the iSeries
- Highly organized
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and efficiently to meet the demands of multiple stakeholders
UniFirst is an industry leader in the garment service industry, and we’re committed to staying on the cutting edge of technologies and innovation. We also recognize that our continued success depends on the skill, creativity, and initiative of our diverse employee Team Partners.
This is an exciting time for us, as we continue to develop our IT Team Partners to be our future innovators. And we’re still growing…like we’ve done every year since 1936.
- $1.5 billion in annual revenues
- 12,000 employee Team Partners
- 229 facilities throughout the U.S. and Canada
- 275,000 business customers
- Named to Forbes “Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies” list
- Listed #9 on Apparel magazine’s list of “America’s Top 50 Apparel Companies”
- Ranked #6 on Selling Power magazine’s “Top Companies To Sell For” list
- Featured on CBS-TV’s hit reality show “Undercover Boss”
- Experienced and proven professional
- Strong and creative work ethic
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Looking for a career with an industry leader.