Position Purpose :
This position is responsible for on average 15 to 20locations and oversees up to 15 to 20 Store Managers. Responsible for maintaining a relationship within the company’s stores and pharmacies located within a territory, in addition to having a keen understanding of the discount retail and pharmacy market including local competitors, advertising, pricing and general market conditions they must be financial astute to ensure budgets are met.
Duties and Responsibilities :
● Demonstrate leadership abilities in driving sales productivity within the district.
● Monitor and evaluate individual store performance in the following areas; sales volume, hourly production, units per transaction (UPTs), loss prevention, customer service and any others designated by Corporate KPI's.
● Where needed, with Store Managers, develop, implement and monitor action plans to ensure the achievement of district assigned performance goals.
● Effectively oversees recruiting, hiring, training and supervise Store Managers, while maintaining an indirect responsibility for team members and other management personnel within region.
● Ensure assigned Store Managers meet payroll, overall budges as well as productivity goals.
● Maintain an acceptable turnover rate within district. Provide coaching and feedback to assigned Store Managers on a regular basis.
● Accurately assess the performance of Store Managers in the district and effectively complete performance appraisals and other Human Resources documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
● Enforces all policies and procedures regarding loss prevention, security and ensure they are followed in the district.
● Ensure safety of Team Members by identifying dangerous situations, correcting and reporting them.
● Enforces that all stores maintain merchandise presentation according to Visual Merchandising standards and current Floor Sales.
● Instructs the balance of merchandise within the district or out of district based on direction from Regional Vice President.
● Instrumental in suggesting changes to store profiles when appropriate. Submit proposed revisions to Regional Vice President.
● Ensure that audits of each store in the district are done once per a year or as directed. Communicate results and provides the appropriate feedback and coaching the Store Manager.
● Communicate the status of local competition and local business conditions as required. Keep Regional Vice President informed of any significant changes.
● Ensure all management has successfully completed the Store Management Training Program, the Management Skills Training Programs and Associate Training Programs.
● Communicate changes in store policies and procedures to Store Managers within district and ensure that changes are implemented correctly. Personally follow all policies and procedures and sets a positive example for staff.
● Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
This position lends itself to various positions within Store Operations. The next pathway may be in a Vice President, Director within Store Operations, lateral movement within Merchandising, Marketing, etc. An individual’s performance will determine the ability to move forward.
Knowledge and Skills:
● Six to seven years of retail and pharmacy salesexperience, with a minimum of 4 years of management experience overseeing a territory.
● Ability to read and interpret documents such as profit and loss statements, safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
● Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Team Members of organization.
● Up to 60% overnight travel may be required in order to complete the requirements associated with this position.
● Must be able to combine strategic vision with tactical execution to drive favorable results and maximize shareholder value
● Must be fully trained in store operational procedure and possess a strong working knowledge of the store and pharmacy environment.
● Must possess the ability and knowledge to conduct a thorough efficient review and analysis of targeted problem areas.
● Must be able to support this review with a suitable solution which addresses opportunity areas.
● A high proficiency in Excel is preferred.
● Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University, preferred.