Responsible for providing leadership and systems improvements to efficiently operate all production activities as well as providing support towards corporate initiatives and continuously improve all processes while working with other departments as necessary to support these goals. Manage the Production Floor, Maintenance, Tooling and provide support and direction to quality, shipping and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work together with the Plant Manager and site support team to achieve optimum Safety, Quality and Delivery results and expectations.
- Complete Leader Standard Work and all deliverables of value stream.
- Accountable for “wall to wall” KPI performance for the value stream.
- Lead change agent to ensure lean processes are deployed in measurable improvements.
- Presenting current issues and requesting support of the Plant Manager, when applicable.
- Schedule reviews of projects and progress with Plant Managers.
- Coach and mentor Group Leaders.
- Facilitate the identification, selection, and prioritization of projects with an emphasis on those that have breakthrough potential.
- Train Group Leaders on the application of SPS tools and appropriate project planning tools to improve processes, eliminate waste, and reduce cycle time.
- Ensure value stream results are aligned to methodology and strategies of Shiloh.
- Audit the SPS system in the value stream on a regular basis.
- Accountable for project executions from inception to completion, including communication of results and verification.
- Responsible for directly managing four Supervisors and indirectly managing the Production employees
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Must have managed to an operational budget
- Experience in one or more large project leadership role(s).
- Must have demonstrated ability to create and lead teams, and drive change for implementation of SPS.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Toyota Production System/Lean Certification is preferred, however, not required.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must be able to perform administrative duties as requested
- Lead TS or ISOaudit responsibility preferred
- Must be able to travel up to 20%
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s level degree in Engineering or related technical field and/or experience equivalent
- Minimum of ten (10) years of business experience in leading Operations functions in a metal fab/press facility
- Five (5) years of leadership experience at either supervisory or managerial level preferably in automotive related industry.
- Experience leading within a union environment highly preferred
Additional Competencies, Skills, Abilities
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; be able to handle and/or feel objects, tools, or controls; and to communicate.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb or balance; bend, kneel, squat, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, but in certain situations may be required to lift up to 50 pounds or more.
- Vision abilities required by this job are the same as required for a driver’s license in the state in which the person lives, and will be demonstrated by maintaining that license.