We are looking for Network Engineer for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: Network Engineer
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The intent of this work order is to supplement the client's Support and Maintenance functions focusing on infrastructure and internet technology support.
- Under general supervision, the contractor will serve as support specialist reporting directly to the NetworkInfrastructure
- General duties include managing Windows2012 and 2016 Servers, Active Directory.
- Support contractor must demonstrate an advanced knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, GPO’s. Windows2012/2016 and IIS.
- One focus of this position is to supplement the current Service Level Agreement in accordance with the needs of the Agency’s application projects, migrations and related environment.
- These applications involve Internet technologies in Microsoft .Net Framework, Linux, VMWARE, Storage and related web enabled components.
- Must effectively research and provide guidance leading to solutions with our strategic direction initiatives, monitoring networkinfrastructure and security.
- Engineer must be a team player that ensures the stability and integrity of network, data and server services through monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all server and infrastructure systems.
- This individual has 24/7 on-callresponsibilitiesshared with the group.
- Experience in these areas would be a plus: NIST, PCI, Pub 1075 environment, Powershell, Exchange VMware, and Change Management.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively interact and communicate with peers to Director-level IT professionals.
- Provide feedback to team regarding product issues, enhancements and new features.
- Must have initiative, drive and be a self-starter.
- Ability to ask pertinent questions of others.
- Proactively seek to identify, communicate and implement process related improvements.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks and activities concurrently and able to provide periodic status updates to key stakeholders
- Collaborate extensively with peers and management to resolve client issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge network that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to our clients.
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels. This includes ownership of the data entered into the Helpdesk system and appropriately updating both client and appropriate employees of status of all issues on a timely basis.
- Good customer skills, be attentive to detail, and responsive to customer tickets.
- Troubleshoot and recommend technical solutions for customer issues related to software setup and configuration.
- Develop workaround solutions as appropriate.
- Monitor and assess current systems and recommend hardware and software enhancements
- Act as technical resource for other IT analysts and business units by resolving complex computer equipment and systems problems
- Diagnose and resolve problems related to hardware, software, or operator error, and resolve or repair
- Escalate complex problems to other groups, Help Desk, or vendors for resolution or for support under maintenance agreements; oversee vendor work
- Install, configure, test, monitor, and maintain system and application hardware, software, and peripherals for users; install and configure servers in collaboration with WAN group
- Perform equipment and software upgrades
- Lead and execute small projects
- Maintain familiarity with current computer and network products
- Adhere to corporate information security guidelines and promote information security among coworkers
- Qualified candidate will be responsible for performing root cause analysis/resolution.
- Responsible to mentor and lead junior staff members.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Administrative Experience
- Rights Management
- Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot computer and network problems
- Proficiency configuring and troubleshootingWindows operating systems in a client/server environment"
- Develop Admin Procedures
- Organizational Skills
- Verbal Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Experience in projects involving PCI/ NIST/Pub1075 security implementations and / or audits.
- Knowledge of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP, NTP, DNS, MLLP, NDM
- MS Exchange Server
- Disaster Recovery
- Change Management
- Develop Admin Policies
- A Bachelor's degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related field and four (4) years of experience in information technology systems or related area, an Associate's degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related field and six (6) years of experience in information technology systems or related area, or a High School diploma and eight (8) years of experience in information technology systems or related area.
- Multiple Industry Certifications in field. MCSE, CCNP, CCDP, MCP, PCNSE, VMWare