Serve as key leader of the Assurance Services (AS) team of Envision Healthcare. The Vice President – Audit will assist chief audit executive with all aspects of managing a best practice, value add audit function.
As a publicly-traded national healthcare provider and services organization, with multiple operating segments, Envision Healthcare (EVHC) is committed to the continued development of a “best practice” internal audit function. The Vice President Auditresponsibilities extend across all of EVHC’s corporate and segment operations, with the following responsibilities:
• Plan, manage, develop and execute EVHC’s annual financial & operational audit plan;
• Administer SOX Section 404 compliance efforts, including coordination of documentation, testing and results with EVHC’s external auditors;
• Recruit, develop, mentor and manage a professional audit staff, and provide a development platform for the staff to assume otherfinancial or operational roles in the future;
• Assist with the management of the enterprise risk management program;
• Oversee and conduct operational reviews in all of EVHC’s business segments with a focus on enhancing operating efficiencies resulting in performance improvement across the enterprise and its segments;
• Reportaudit findings and recommend remediation actions to executive management;
• Execute follow up activities to ensure audit findings and agreed upon recommendations are corrected in a timely manner;
Regular and reliable attendance required.
Successful candidate will pass a background check and drug screen.
• Ten to fifteen years of related progressive auditexperience in a public company with multiple operating divisions, or comparable experience in a national accounting firm;
• Healthcare industry experiencepreferred, preferably in a for-profit provider or services company;
• Significant knowledge of healthcare reimbursement, revenue cycle management, physician and hospital contracting, managed care contracting, and governmental (federal and state) contracting strongly preferred;
• Big 4 (or comparable) experience strongly preferred;
• Demonstrated experience in working with and presenting to executive management;
• Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. GAAP, internal controls, business processes, COSO, COBIT and IIA standards;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to listen, interpret, provide feedback, and recommend and evaluate corrective actions;
• Undergraduatedegree in accounting or business related field as well as CPA certification is required
• Exhibits the traits of a high-energy, hands-on, results-oriented professional who is well organized, while possessing a mature business demeanor;
• Demonstrates well-developed communication skills to interface effectively with executive management, operating segment leadership, and the external auditors;
• Skilled at critical thinking (with clarity, accuracy, precision, consistency, relevance, sound evidence, good reasons, depth, breadth, and fairness);
• Likeable and approachable, but with a commitment to meeting the Internal Audit Plans and objectives of EVHC;
• Possess confidence, credibility, tact and diplomacy;
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 20%
We are an equal opportunity employer.