Job Description Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development, and knows that a successful company is built on great leaders at all levels. Plexus is a highly respected leader in the EMS industry, specializing in the mid to low volume, higher-complexity market.
We are seeking a dedicated leader for a key Global Market Development leadership position within the Industrial / Commercial Market Sector. This leader will be responsible for creating, managing and executing the strategy for new business acquisition. The Sr. Director - Business Development leads the sector’s business development team to execute the strategy and meet sector revenue goals. The Sr. Director - Business Development leads account targeting, qualifying, negotiating, selling, closing, and reporting for new business acquisition. This leader is also responsible for management, training and development of the business development team.
A Sr. Director – Business Development will:
- Lead the market development team to win accounts that fit the Plexus strategy and “Customer of Choice” criteria. Develop, maintain and manage a target list of qualified new accounts for each Business Development Director.
- Lead the team to create account strategies which provide value and differentiation to customers. Oversee development of solution proposals for new accounts, including P&L reviews, presentation & selling to customer and negotiating.
- Provide guidance and set goals for the sector market development team and contribute to broader goal development for the entire market sector. Hold the team accountable for meeting goals.
- Play an active role in Plexus’s annual strategy process by voicing the needs of customers and their end-markets. Use market sector knowledge and research to help create and maintain a sector strategy. Communicate the market sector strategy and the overall Plexus strategy as it relates to market development to the extended sector team including supply chain, engineering and manufacturing solutions, After-Market Services, costing and finance.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the sector team and to other areas of the organization that interact with the sector management (i.e. costing, finance, sites, operation management, material, regions) in order to achieve the sector goals and PLXS enduring goals. Communicate clear objectives within and outside of the sector business development team to ensure expectations and accountabilities are understood.
- Frequent travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated 50%).
The successful candidate’s skills and abilities will include:
- Ability to influence others, including decision-making, conflict resolution and leadership competencies as defined by the company. Ability to lead without formal authority.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment, and have the ability to follow through on assignments with little to no supervision.
- Expertise in EMS and the specific market sector, including technical, technological and business concepts (including finance and cost models).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with and influence internal and external senior-level decision makers. Must have strong presentation skills and the ability to represent Plexus Corp. in a professional manner.
- Quantitative analysis ability, attention to detail, time management skills, and organizational skills.
- Understand and be capable of effectively communicating the value of all of Plexus services: design, development, test, prototyping, manufacturing, supply chain solutions, and end market services.
- Ability to interact well in a cross-functional team and maintain the confidentiality of all customer and company information.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering or equivalent experience is required for this position; a MBA or similar post graduate degree is preferred.
- Experience of 10 years is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met. Equivalent EMS industry experience and functional management experience of 5 or more years is highly desirable.
- Requiredexperience must include demonstrated customer-facing experience at the strategic level, understanding of the EMS industry and experience developing cost models.
- Individual’s experience should exhibit increasing leadership responsibility involving strategy development and deployment, business development leadership and strong team-based selling skills.
- Results-driven with demonstrated success in executive level selling and marketing.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," which is generally defined as a U.S. citizen, permanent resident (green card holder), or individual granted political asylum....