5 - 7 years experience • Government
Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Location: Austin, TX 78758
Duration: 12+ Months
- The Communications Coordinator 2 position will report to the Director of Health Informatics Services and Quality (HISQ) within the Medicaid/CHIP Services Department of HHS.
- The Worker will coordinate multiple related and complex outreach and communications projects in support of the HISQ team. The Worker will assist HISQ team members in assessing the communication and outreach needs of the Medicaid Electronic Health Records (EHR) Incentive Program and identifying ways in which communications and outreach can further the goals of Texas Medicaid and HISQ. The person in this role will also assist the HISQ team in developing a clear vision and message that defines the importance of incorporating clinical data into the analytical framework within HISQ and Medicaid for quality initiatives. It is desirable for the Worker to have previous experience in Health Information Technology (HIT) / Health Information Exchange (HIE), which may include previous experienceworking with electronic health records, health information exchange organizations and/or within health informatics. Other key responsibilities of the Worker will include:
- Ensuring HISQ communication projects are aligned with state and federal requirements.
- Building credibility and rapport through communication with internal and external stakeholders at multiple levels to advance project and program outcomes.
- Development of original communication material including presentations, applications, written notices, online web content, press releases and informational articles.
- Use of multiple communication modalities, including PCs, internet, social/mobile media, and other computer applications.
- Development of new skills and experience in a rapid and efficient manner when project needs incorporate technologies with which team members are unfamiliar to create accurate written publications and presentations.
Other Special Requirements (Optional):
- Because of the nature of the information in the projects that will be implemented, all entities must sign a Data Use Agreement (DUA) as a condition of employment.
- Face-to-face interview required.
- In-basket writing exercise required.
Bachelor's Degree with major course work required in English/ Writing, Journalism, Health Communications, Health Marketing and /or equivalent experience/education in a related field.
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Excellent interpersonal skills in working with external and internal stakeholder within the state system and federal counterparts.
Structured problem solving with an ability to tackle large complex tasks while meeting tight deadlines.
Strong experience with web content management.
A certain degree of creativity and the ability to work with limited supervision with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement.
Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and PowerPoint; Access, and report-writer experience.
Experience with external documents such as newsletters or demonstrated equivalent writing and publishing design skills; public relations, marketing.
Knowledge of current Health IT initiatives preferred, such as the EHR incentive programs, health information exchange initiatives from the Office of the National Coordinator, Electronic Health Record implementation and operation, etc.
Microsoft Suite and related communications certifications