We are looking for the most innovative Electrical Design Engineers for our Instruments Division to work on the most innovative medical hand held devices. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Are you looking for a chance to create a rewarding career with a creative and growing company? Join us at Stryker! We offer a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology as well as spine products to help people lead more active and satisfying lives. At Stryker, we collaborate with our customers to develop innovative products and services that ultimately improve their everyday lives. This is expressed through our mission: Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for a highly-motivated Electrical Design Engineer to join our team. In this position, you will play a key role knowing and applying fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of electrical engineering design, while exemplifying our core values: Integrity, Accountability, People, and Performance. If you are passionate about joining a creative company that will both reward and challenge your expertise, then we may be the perfect fit for you. Contact us today!
Electrical Design Engineer
(Electrical Engineering / Medical Technology)
As an Electrical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for crafting, developing, and refining electrical (hardware) components and sub-systems to meet quality and regulatory internal and external standards as well as our customer’s needs. This will involve, conducting work in compliance with all laws, rules, and regulations and in accordance with Stryker’s high ethical standards.
Additional responsibilities for this electrical engineering role include:
Collaborating with internal teams / departments to promote a culture of inclusiveness and collaboration.
- Working under close supervision and with specific direction provided by more experienced staff
- Maintaining your supervisor regularly informed on work status
- Abiding by and supporting the policies set forth in our Code of Conduct
- Full understanding of compliance of our Code of Conduct, as it may be amended by Stryker Corporation from time to time
- Reporting any violations of our policies and procedures to management or in the manner outlined in Stryker’s Ethics Hotline Policy
- BachelorDegree in ElectricalEngineering or equivalent degree
- 5+ years design engineering or related experience
- Design experience of analog and digitalcircuit design required
- Experience in RF or other wireless technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of product development in a regulated industry preferred Strong applied knowledge of electricalengineering concepts, theories and methods with levels of depth and expertise in one or more areas.
- Working knowledge of Cadence electrical CAD package: OrCAD schematic capture software is a must have, PCB layout software knowledge is nice to have
- Knowledge of circuit simulation environments such as PSpice is desirable
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated analytical skills
- Effective social communication skills
- Working knowledge of the typical lab tools: oscilloscopes, signal generators, logic analysers, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to assemble prototype circuits and operate typical tools (e.g. Soldering stations, inspection equipment, etc.)