Head of Inside Sales
Inside Sales Manager
Location: United States
Inside Sales Manager
This opportunity can be based near one of our locations including, Cambridge-MA, Cambridge-UK, Branford-CT, Eugene-OR, or Burlingame-CA
About the role:
Abcam is seeking an experienced sales leader to manage Inside Sales for the Americas and EMEA. The Head of Inside Sales will coach and motivate the existing Inside Sales team, as well as recruit top talent. This individual will help drive the strategic approach that consistently delivers and exceeds on revenue targets and KPIs. They are responsible for the smooth daily operation of the team, as well as optimizing existing processes and sales team effectiveness.
In addition to managing the team, the Head of Inside Sales will own the relationship with top customers and large opportunities across multiple market segments (Academic/CRO/Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology/Government). They will collaborate with marketing and other functions to drive lead generation activities and new customer acquisition by proactively identifying scalable trends in customer and market behavior.
You’re a motivated sales manager, with a background in developing effecting sales teams. You have a proven background in the life sciences and have a passion for the industry.
• Achieve and exceed revenue goals across product categories for the Americas and EMEA regions.
• Develop and implement a proactive strategy for prospecting new business, while effectively managing inbound sales volume across territories.
• Promote and monitor CRM adoption as a tool for pipeline, opportunity, and customer management, as well as measuring KPIs.
• Optimize existing processes to maximize the team’s efficiency, effectiveness, and create “best-in-class” inside sales organization.
• Collaborate with the customer service, marketing, and product teams to ensure an amazing customer experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in biology or related field
• Proven track record of achievement with a minimum 5years of sales or business development experience calling on pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and diagnostics accounts
• Minimum of 2years’ experience building and scaling a high-performing sales team in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to travel25%
• Advanced scientific and/or business degreepreferred
• 2-3years of hands-on experienceworking with antibodies and related reagents in a research environment
• Proficiency using CRM systems
• Ability to give and receive constructive feedback effectively
• Outstanding communication skills
• Highly driven with a passion for helping customers solve complex problems
• Managing a global sales team is a plus