The Corporate Controller is a key member of the corporate leadership team that is responsible for leading the accounting and financial operations of the company. The Corporate Controller leads a team of 8 that manages the monthly close, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash management, annual budget, monthly and annual financial statements, cost accounting, and oversight of internal controls. In addition, the Controller participates in key initiatives such as developing profit and process improvements, driving cost efficiencies, and overseeing the management of KPIs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversees the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credit/collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general accounting (GL) and cost accounting.
- Prepares monthly and annual financialreports which summarize historical and future business activity.
- Prepares budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Prepares Cash forecasts and ensures accurate reflection of the company’s current and projected cash balances.
- Manages the company’s annual outside audit.
- Assists with establishing and maintaining relations with banks and otherfinancial institutions.
* Prepares reports and communicates with leadership as required for compliance with credit agreements.
* Directs and coordinates debt financing and debt service payments.
- Prepares or coordinates reports required by regulatory agencies including local, state,
- and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Assists in the conducting due diligence of potential acquisition targets.
- Plans, studies and collects data to determine costs (and variances to cost) of business
- activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor.
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services
- provided to determine effects on costs. Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and
- prepares periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices
- and profitability of products or services.
- Establishes and maintains documented accounting policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience managing all accounting functions and processes (A/R, A/P, G/L) including a
- full understanding of manufacturing cost accounting
- Experience managing and leading the annual budget process
- Experience with bank/ lender reporting
- Prefer experience at the corporate level of a stand-alone mid-size manufacturing firm
- although experience in a division of a larger company will be considered
- Strong EXCEL spreadsheet skills
- CPA or CMA preferred but not required
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Knowledge of ERP/Accounting software in a manufacturing environment