TGS provides multi-client geoscience data to oil and gas Exploration and Production companies worldwide. In addition to extensive global geophysical and geological data libraries that include multi-client seismic data, magnetic and gravity data, digital well logs, production data and directional surveys, TGS also offers advanced processing and imaging services, interpretation products, permanent reservoir monitoring and data integration solutions.
The primary objective for this position is to identify, pursue and close opportunities for on-shore seismic data processing and reservoir services sales in North America. The incumbent is expected to identify and engage new clients interested in land processing and reservoir services, particularly in the US Lower 48, as well as continue building on existing client relationships. This will require extensive travel to meet with clients in Houston, Oklahoma City as well as other cities throughout the US as required. The incumbent will understand and communicate the full range of land processing and reservoir solutions to clients and coordinate all sales opportunities to be done in the TGS Calgary center. The position reports to the Director ofProcessing and Reservoir Services, Calgary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify new potential clients, particularly in the Lower 48, who are interested and/or involved in onshore exploration and development to sell them TGS’ land processing and reservoir services solutions to help grow the business.
- Travel as needed to meet with clients throughout the US
- Understand and communicate the full range of land processing and reservoir solutions to clients
- Achieve sales targets and objectives for land processing and reservoir services through direct contact with clients.
- Understand client’s drivers and motivators in the bid process to deliver the best possible solution
- Prepare bid documents with input from Processing and Technical groups
- Liaise with the Director, Processing and Reservoir Services to ensure project bids are delivered with the appropriate solution and within the specified time-frame
- Promote the technical image of the company through advertisements, trade show participation and client presentations
- Developing a sales plan and strategy to support growth targets
- Identify additional business opportunities for other company service offerings
- Must adhere to internal sales guidelines and processes
- Take responsibility for your own safety, and comply with all instructions given regarding health, safety and the protection of the environment.
- Ensure the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment as required and report any hazards, accidents or injuries to your immediate supervisor.
Job Requirements (Education and Experience):
- Geoscience or related degree preferred
- Land processing experience preferred
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in a processing sales or similar position
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Strong understanding of the latest processing and reservoir services techniques
- Proven sales ability with both small and large accounts and solid contacts in the oil and gas industry, particularly in the Lower 48
- Strong commitment to customer service and the ability to travel regularly to different States to meet with customers
- Awareness of the entire sales process and experience involving direct customer contact
- Strong written communication skills, including technical bid preparation
- Must be self-motivated and able to juggle multiple sales opportunities
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrates flexibility and enthusiasm
- Reliable and dedicated team player