Manager of Human Resources - Distribution Center
Directs the human resource function for theDistribution Center to include oversight of employee relations,staffing, benefits administration and safety. Primaryresponsibilities include the development of proactive employee relations practices and management of employee relations issues. This incumbent will beresponsible for developing aninternal communication strategy designed to promote positive employee relations and to ensure that company messaging is delivered appropriately.
- Functions as a strategic business partner to ensure that HR strategies are aligned to support the business goals of the Distribution Center.
- Leads HR planning and recruiting for all management and hourly positions. This includes the ability to coordinate mass hiring as necessary. This incumbent must also work with the management team to develop seasonal and ongoing hiring plans based on budget and flow projections.
- Manages an ongoing employee relations strategy that includes:
Ensuring that associate coaching and counseling takes place in accordance with established policies and procedures
Partnering with line management to address performance-related issues
Developing and maintaining a union avoidance strategy to be used by the management team
Working with the management team to develop strategies designed to minimize turnover
- Coordinates training initiatives as needed
- Executes a safety strategy to include minimizing injuries and increasing safety awareness
5-7years of experience
Minimum of 5years of HRexperience in a distribution center/manufacturing environment
Prior HR generalist experience with significant employee relations experience is required