Senior Mechanical Project Manager
15+ years experience • Engineering Services
Senior Mechanical Project Manager
Tracking Code13025Job Description
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,500 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, currently ranked #64 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT is seeking a highly motivated individual who has the desire to advance towards a leadership position within the organization. This position has excellent potential for career advancement including developing and leading a facilities engineering practice in the Virginia and Metropolitan Washington region.
The ideal candidate will have extensive background in the mechanicalengineering field specializing in HVAC, plumbing and fire protection design evaluation, and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria for various institutional clients’ projects. Candidate will be proficient at independently managing M/E/P and multi-disciplined projects while being able to respond to client requests.
In addition to the technical and project management skills, the successful candidate will have some experiencewith and the desire to fully understand the business side of the practice including; business development, client management, financial performance, staff development, and overseeing the quality of our products and services. Existing long-term, repeated client relationships are a plus.
The Senior Mechanical Project Manager will workwith leaders within our corporate facilities practices to assist with the growth of the practice in the region through marketing and business development.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Working from the initial conceptual mechanical design to completion of large and small facilities type projects.
- Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate mechanicalengineeringwork, including supervision of the design and progress of a project.
- Resolve a variety of complex problems, (i.e., conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements).
- Serve as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams.
- Review project contract documents.
- Provide technical guidance and supervise the work of other engineers and technical support personnel.
- Manage the marketing and business development for the VA and Metropolitan Washington region.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required
- Professional Engineer’s license in VA requiredwith the ability to obtain licensure in additional states within twelve months of hire
- 15-20years of progressive workexperience in the mechanicalengineering field
- LEED accreditation is strongly preferred
- Must have knowledge of or ability to use Microstation, Auto CADD and building load simulation programs.
- Revit experience is a plus
- Must show previous experience directing or providing guidance to others.
- Must be an outgoing individual who works well in a cooperative, team-oriented environment that spans multiple office locations
- Membership and participation in ASHRAE, USABC or other professional organization preferred