The F-35 FMS Simulator Technician position is located in MCAS Yuma, AZ. BAE Systems is interviewing now for an expected contract award and start date in December 2017.
The individual (2 positions available) will work in an IPT arrangement with employees of other companies. Additionally, they will work closely with the Tier 1 partners, Joint Strike Fighter Program Office (JSFPO) US and non-US customers. The role will provide F-35 FMS Simulator Technician expertise to support the sustainment, maintenance and operation of the F-35 training devices within the F-35 Academic Training Center.
The F-35 FMS Simulator Technician job responsibilities include:
- Installing components and assemblies into chassis, racks, cabinets, workstations, and customer facilities
- Performing, conducting and documenting preventive maintenance checks required for the devices and associated subsystems
- Updating maintenance data collection records and assisting with the installation and check-out of modifications to equipment
- Maintaining simulation devices to meet availability specifications. Applying technical knowledge to solve complex problems by interpreting design drawings, manuals or simulator documents.
- Assisting with installations, testing, and maintenance of F-35 software packages. Isolating and reporting malfunctions and discrepancies to the lowest definable levels. Documenting and maintaining cabling schemes and drawings
- Establishing and performing maintenance programs following company and vendor standards
- Complying with site security and access control procedures in accordance with F-35 program and customer procedures
- Sanitizing all classified media (circuit cards, disk storage devices, etc.) to the LRU in accordance with established F-35 and customer procedures
- The successful candidate must have worked in an environment which required them to interact with multiple functional areas and personnel of a diverse nature.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education:
- Candidates must have a Final Transferable security clearance, last Periodic Reinvestigation must be within the last five years
- Candidates must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access
- Knowledge and experience with simulation hardware and software
- Ability to read and use technical schematics, drawings and manuals along with other technical materials to resolve complex problems
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Candidate must be willing to support flexible work hours to align with customer operational schedule
- Candidate must have a current Security+ certificate or able to acquire a Security + certification within 6 months of hire date
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years experience with aviation simulation systems
- Proven hardware and software support experience in a training/modeling and simulation environment
- Network troubleshooting and maintenance experience
- Ability to brief/teach technical information to internal and external audiences
- Ability to lead and mentor other team members
- Currently possess a current Security + certificate
- Job ID:30500BR