Controls Design Specialist
Less than 5 years experience • Manufacturing / Packaging
We are seeking an experienced PLC Controls specialist to join this progressive manufacturing company where you will have the opportunity to travel to manufacturing sites and be the go to expert on PLC Controls and systems design for the automated manufacturing facilities.
The Automation Department provides services for all facility locations in North America. This department is seeking a Controls Design Specialist to lead a small team of technicians in the design, layout and build of electrical and control systems for the manufacturing environment.
Perform the construction, assembly, installation and commission of equipment. Lead small team of technicians or personally build, modify or develop controls, integration and electrical portions of manufacturing equipment along with other duties as assigned by Automation Manager
Supervise the team of technicians in the design, layout and build of electrical and controls systems for manufacturing environment.
- Leads small team of technicians or personally to builds, modifies or develops controls, integration and electrical portions of manufacturing equipment along with other duties as assigned by Automation Manager
- Laying out logic and control systems.
- Able to determine loads, design and spec electrical equipment.
- Installs Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) on new and refurbished equipment
- Work with your hands to run wire, make terminations, troubleshoot with volt meter, ec
- Works with NFPA 70E and basic wiring techniques
- Project work with drives, motors, and motor controls
- Works on projects with sensors
- Works on projects including pneumatics – cylinders, valves, solenoids, etc.
- Supports and leads projects with ladder logic programs.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders, coworkers and vendors
- Read shop orders and maintain records of completed orders
- Travel to other company facilities as needed (15)
- Completes 5S checklist
- Available to work 8-12 hours per day, five to six days a week
- Follows all safety policies and procedures at all times
- Participates in daily production team meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in electronic automation control and or Robotics. Combination of technical education and experience is acceptable.
- Proven experience in modifying control logic
- Strong knowledge of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems with ability to read and understand electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic diagrams
- Ability to work without supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in the use of multimeters, oscilloscopes, electrical motor diagnostic equipment, and other equipment used in diagnosis
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to Lead projects involving automation with PLC’s (Siemens, Allen Bradley, Beckhoff)
- Able to work overtime as required
Bachelor’s Degree in controls or electrical with 3 to 5years PLC, HMI, and servo control and integration experience or 10 to 15years of experience in automation controls and design.
Complete benefit package begins first of the month following 30 days of employment. Company matching 401(k), medical, dental, vision, short and long- term disability, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more. Paid time and a half over 40 hours, double time on Sundays and Holidays.