Corporate Clinical Practice Leader - Surgical Program - Critical Care
Created through a merger of The Scarborough Hospital’s Birchmount and General sites and Rouge Valley Health System’s Centenary site in December2016, SRH is committed to delivering the highest quality patient- and family-centred care, with a focus on enhancing access to services for the Scarborough community.
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Reporting to the Director, Professional Practice, the Clinical Practice Leader works closely with the Director, Surgery Program, Physicians, Managers, and the interdisciplinary team. The Clinical Practice Leader is responsible to strengthen professional practice within the organization. The Clinical Practice Leader (CPL) will be responsible for facilitating and providing leadership in the development of a comprehensive orientation and evaluation plan for nurses within perioperative and postoperative patient care and supporting units. The CPL will also have a corporate role to promote professional practice, through the orientation program and participation in the corporate professional practice education calendar. The CPL will also support and participate in quality and safety initiatives: coach and mentor staff while promoting clinical champions. Responsibilities include extensive review of clinical research, development, review and revision of program and corporate policies and procedures, revision and implementation of order sets and care pathways utilizing research that is evidence based and meets best practice guidelines. The CPL will participate in the implementation and evaluation of patient care processes, patient & family centred care and procedures at SRH.
• Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• BScN required (Nursing Master′s Degree an asset)
• Experience in an educator role
• At least 5 years′ current clinical experience in the operating room and endoscopy with the ability to demonstrate general operating room knowledge of skills
• Knowledge of ORNAC standards
• Perioperative nursing certificate from recognized college
• CSAO Medical Device Reprocessing Techniques Course
• Current BCLS provider and competency.
• Experience with committee work
• Knowledgeable with Quality Based Procedures, care pathways and best practices guidelines
• Familiar with CNO standards and guidelines
• Experience with project management or program planning, as well as the Lean philosophy and continuous quality improvement, preferred
• Experience with developing policies and procedures and learning packages for both staff and patients
• Evidence of strong mentoring, teaching, organizational and prioritization skills, with the ability to work well in stressful situations
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff and the community
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with all team members
• Excellent computer skills including word, power point and excel and competency in information and communication technology
• Demonstrated pattern of good attendance
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SRH′s comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
• Must demonstrate a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public
• Experience with electronic documentation
• Experience with on-line learning modules (creating, developing)
• Experience in PACU and surgical in-patient units
• Membership with the Operating Room Nurses Association of Canada
• RNAO membership
• Canadian Perioperative Nursing Certificate (CPNC)
Job Number: J0917-1367