Excellent HR Leadership (Organizational Development/Learning/Staff Development) Opportunity with a Leader in Home Healthcare: Recognized for Excellence by Forbes and Fortune Magazine.
Almost Family, Inc (NASDAQ: AFAM) is a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For over 30 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity.
Almost Family, Inc. was founded in 1976 in Louisville, KY and operates as 30 companies with over 340 locations in 26 states. Almost Family, Inc. and its subsidiaries operate four segments:
- Visiting Nurse, or VN, which provides skilled nursing and physical, occupational and speech therapy services primarily to Medicare beneficiaries
- Personal Care, or PC, which provides custodial and personal care services
- Hospital Partnership Division: a joint venture with hospitals to provide home health and hospice services
- Health Care Innovations: an industry-leading segment investing in companies that will support traditional home care businesses and position company for new payment models
We believe in the importance of local recognition and seek to maintain and support the various trade names we operate under that have developed a reputation for high quality care among patients, referral sources and employees in their local communities. We maintain quality and consistency across locations and regions through our “Senior Advocacy” mission, which trains our caregivers to look beyond the obvious needs of patients to be advocates for their physical, mental, and emotional needs, with the ultimate outcome of allowing them to age in place.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director, Staff Development directs educational programming that promotes professional excellence for all roles in the organization. Scope includes clinical, business and leadership development disciplines developed and managed in conjunction with a Staff Development Council with representation from all internal customers. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree in Education or related field required.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the education field. Minimum of 5 years of staff management experience.
- Familiar with a variety of adult educational concepts, practices, procedures and corporate education best practices across all three disciplines
- Experience with HeathStream Learning Management System or similar system required.
- Experience in the home healthcare industry helpful, but not required.
- Must be capable of managing multiple projects, functions, and activities simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential; must be experienced and comfortable with interaction at all levels of an organization.
- Must possess leadership skills, be a self-starter and have the ability to be a change agent for an organization.
- Skilled in the creation, assessment, measurement and management of a variety of educational offerings via the most efficient channels and delivery modes.
- Leads the strategic planning, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive program of staff development and training initiatives, in coordination with the Staff Development Council and Senior Management.
- Assesses relevant training needs for all employees throughout the organization, in consultation with management staff.
- Designs training curriculum and selects appropriate learning delivery methods
- Determines the internal and external resources needed to provide the appropriate educational programs. Identifies internal subject matter experts and candidates to serve as instructors.
- Analyzes, evaluates and reports on the effectiveness of training programs.
- Develops a leadership development program for Almost Family management, providing career development progression for eligible staff and a consistent, ongoing source of leadership for management positions from Branch Director on up.
Almost Family, Inc offers a competitive salary and benefits package that helps safe guard your health and well- being, and provides savings options for you and your family. We offer the following benefits to full time employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Paid vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- 401-k Retirement Plan
JOIN OUR FAMILY...
YOU'LL FEEL RIGHT AT HOME!