At SCIEX, we take software quality seriously. We develop complex scientific software for our mass spectrometry products. Due to the scientific nature of the software, many of our verification specialists are scientists with applicable domain expertise. Additionally, we are looking to enhance our verification capability by the addition of people who have in-depth experience with verifying software products. At SCIEX, we adhere to an Agile software methodology and use modern development and collaboration practices and tools. Our associates are dedicated, hard-working, and very smart.
This position covers two roles within the Software Department.
Software Verification Lead on Projects (primary role)
- Work closely with Software Developers, Product Owners and the Verification team to develop a overarching test strategy that includes test plans and test protocols to verify functional and non-functional requirements for a project.
- Perform testing activities; including formal verification as per plans/protocols and exploratory testing.
- Lead, coordinate, and track progress of a team of testers to perform testing activities.
- Report and track identified problems and defects using tracking software
- Design and develop automated test scripts (TestComplete, Ranorex and FIT)
- Develop, document and maintain test environments
- Create Verification Reports and traceability to requirements
- Help to reproduce customer reported issues for investigation.
Discipline Process Owner (DPO) – Software Verification (secondary role)
- Responsible for Software Department’s processes for the software verification discipline to be used by all software teams (“processes” include Quality processes, best practices, and tools). This includes:
- Develop new processes and updates existing processes as necessary to ensure that business and compliance needs are met
- Provide training and coaching as necessary to insure that processes are understood and can be performed as required
- Implement ideas that simplify and improve the processes, using tried and proven practices whenever possible
- Monitor the use and effectiveness of the processes and address any issues that may have been identified
- Stay abreast of latest verification approaches and tools in the industry and assess applicability and importance for our adoption.
- Note: additional verification specialists can be assigned to assist and to take on some of the above activities under the supervision of the DPO
- 12+ years experience in software verification.
- 7+ years experience in a Verification Lead position
- 5+ years experience working in an ISO-9000 certified environment with a formal Quality Management System.
- 3+ years experience working in an AgileSCRUM software methodology environment
- Solid knowledge of agile testing methodologies
- A high degree of skill in troubleshooting, characterizing, and describing software defects
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to rapidly learn new hardware and software.
- ISTQB Certification (or equivalent)
- Experience working on medical device products in an ISO-13485 certified environment
- Experience with FIT, TestComplete, or JIRA tools
- Experience doing software development and/or scriptingexperience (eg. C#, .Net, VB)