The Director, ETF Data Products will focus exemplary commercial data product management skills to co-ordinate development of data products with specific focus on DTCC’s ETF data assets.
The role will also support the business development team to exploit revenue opportunities to redistribute DTCC’s ETF data assets to all clients including DTCC Participants, external vendors and data wholesalers.
The role will be based in Jersey City.
- Supporting the inventory and data mining exercise across DTCC’s ETF data assets to support the business case and ROI rationale for specific ETF data products
- Working in a collaborative and coordinated manner with IT to use the data commercialization data architecture framework to make DTCC data accessible for use in the development of future ETF data products. This will include an ability to clearly interpret the application of the DTCC ETF data products within both internal and external environments
- Co-ordination and project management of all aspects of the technical discussions with potential data vendors and partners who would be involved in redistribution of DTCC’s ETF data products and participating in data advisory councils with regards to DTCC’s ETF data assets
- Supporting due diligence discussions with external parties including data mapping queries and demonstrations of products where needed
- Coordinating guidance on connectivity in conjunction with other cross functional team members
- Assisting in defining and refining the business case for ETF data products and determining data product opportunities and product roadmap
- Coordination and housekeeping of all relevant data products technical documentation
- Close collaboration with IT environment to determine best architecture options
- Coordination of all aspects of design of the ETF data product roadmap
- Preparation and dissemination of all sales materials and training including value propositions, presentation materials and training for Sales/RM
- Technical oversight of the associated pricing, billing and management information reporting processes
- Active collaboration with DTCC product management teams across the enterprise to prioritize opportunities and support business engagement
- 5+ years experience working in the financial industry with specific domain knowledge in the ETF data products market
- 5+ years of commercial product management experience with P&L responsibility
- Related IT and program management skills
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Solid knowledge of the securities industry and business applications for banks, brokers and investment managers, including general knowledge of enterprise data management, market data, and reference data
- Experience supporting a business development function with an ability to think and execute commercially
- Experience in IT infrastructures and database related to data
- Ability to coordinate all aspects of the technical support structure for the product management team
- First class project management skills and a track record in collaboration with multi functional teams to create innovative solutions
- A mature intellectually curious approach and ability to work to deadlines and deliver against focused objectives
- Creative, able to establish internal solutions to improve team performance
- Excellent personal management skills, well-organized, and able to set priorities while working independently
- Excellent relationship building skills and team presence
- Strong commercial data business acumen
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent computer skills, specifically on business applications such as Word, Excel, Lotus Notes and PowerPoint.
Education, Training &/or Certification:
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Advanced degree &/or Certifications a plus