Join Harborview Medical Center's Outpatient Mental Health Services as a ARNP; Nurse Practitioner; or PA-C, Physician Assistant ("Healthcare Specialist" or "HCS"). We have two 100% FTE, full-time positions. The HCS will function as a prescribing provider for assigned program(s) or clinic(s). Duties will include assessment and evaluation of psychiatric/medical needs, and for medication management. Other duties may include developing and implementing client Treatment Plans, Crisis Plans and appropriately-timed reviews and completion of all required clinical documents. HCSs will support training of students in the health care professions, including nursing students and psychiatric residents assigned to programs and clinics within Harborview Mental Health Services.
1. Provide care to acute, severe and persistently mentally ill clients requiring psychotropic medication; including adults, older-adults, and Addictions Program clients in need of psychiatric medications.
2. Perform Mental Status examinations and make clinical decisions for care
3. Prescribe and dispense medication within scope of license
4. Coordinate physical care needs of clients receiving psychiatric services
5. Educate clients as to medication use, desired and undesired side effects, and medication interaction with other medications and foods.
6. Perform AIMS assessments, assess for side effects and adverse reactions to medications and document findings.
7. Include clients’ families and social support networks in client’s treatment as necessary and with client approval.
8. Order and monitor appropriate laboratory tests.
9. Serve as consultant to Registered Nurses and Mental Health Practitioners in Harborview Mental Health Service programs and clinics.
10. Establish close collaboration with Attending Psychiatrist and treatment teams
11. Perform related duties as required.
1. Maintain all required clinical and billing records
2. Submit daily billing logs to Data Systems.
3. Chart patient contact in the medical record, Standardized Intake/Assessment or Progress Note forms
4. Develop and implement patient service plans, based on master problem list.
5. Monitor clients’ status in treatment and provide follow-up as indicated
6. Write transfer and discharge/termination summaries.
7. Prepare requested information from outside agencies, e.g., DSHS, Social Security, Seattle Housing Authority and others as needed.
8. Update Financial Counselor of changes in patient’s financial status.
9. Collect data for research in support of Research & Training facility mission.
Requirements/additional responsibilities (see below):
Looking for a medical ARNP/PA-C candidate for our integrated medical clinic. We are looking for an adult medically specialized ARNP/PA-C for our integration efforts.
Req #: 146609