DescriptionSummary: The HR Business Partner (HRBP) serves as a consultant to management on Human Resource related issues. Successful HRBP’s will act as employee champion and change agent. Proactively anticipates, assesses and identifies HR-related needs for assigned business units and/or organization to develop integrated HR solutions. The HRBP formulates partnerships across the HR function and organization to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. Maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business units financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Partner with management as a point of contact for HR-related processes, issues/questions for assigned clients including exempt, non-exempt, and leadership to support, develop and drive plans that optimize talent, structure, process and culture.
2. Flawless execution and delivery of value-added HR services, including but not limited to: performance management including corrective action plans/strategies and talent reviews, organizational structure, talent acquisition, compensation planning and project management
3. Partner with management teams to effectively diagnose and optimize their organizational structure in a consultative approach to provide HR based solutions specific to their needs.
4. In collaboration with the Recruiting and Engagement Manager and/or business unit leaders participate in understanding compensation structures, and the compensation process
5. Participate in understanding staffing deficiencies and supporting the recruiting team in understanding the organizational recruiting needs.
6. Participate and/or conduct meetings with respective leaders to understand department, division and organization challenges to provide effective HR solutions or guidance in a consultative manner.
7. Analyze HR trends and metrics (compensation, hiring practices, etc…) in partnership with HR group to recommend, develop and/or implement HR solutions, programs and policies.
8. Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues by conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations in relation to performance management, corrective actions, terminations, etc...
9. Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance and labor laws are being adhered to. Partner with legal department as needed/required. Represents the company for unemployment claims.
10. Provides day to day performance management guidance and coaching to management with a focus on policy education, crafting and delivery of the message, (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, performance improvement plans, etc…).
11. Conducts and/or participates in involuntary terminations, employee complaint meetings and manages exit interview process including documentation and tracking of information.
12. Collaborate with Director of HR on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
13. Collaborate with appropriate business units regarding opportunities for improvement as identified/needed (i.e. Education and Quality, IT, Finance, etc…)
14. Recommends new approaches, development and/or implementation of HR policies and procedures, individual or HR departmental initiatives, objectives, and systems for continuous improvements in efficiencies in department and services provided.
15. Participates in facilitating HR-related training in day 1 of new employee orientation in collaboration with the Education and Quality Department.
16. Performs other related duties as assignedRequirementsEducation/Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university;
Seven plus years related Human Resources experience in a corporate environment. Strong working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines including employee relations, performance management, federal and state employment laws, organizational structure diagnosis, employee engagement strategies, compensation concepts and talent acquisition. Experience developing and/or implementing corporate or division-wide HR initiatives, processes or procedures (i.e. policies/procedures, employee handbook, strategic HR goals, employee relations programs, incentive systems, organizational design, etc..)
Certificates and Licenses:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft products, HRIS.
Information Security Expectations:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to abide by Diplomat’s information security policies, employee handbook and security and privacy regulatory requirements. Each employee is responsible for the secure and appropriate handling of Diplomat information, information received by customers, other companies and/or external parties.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
• Excellent consulting skills.
• Excellent client management and business literacy skills.
• Strong conflict management skills.
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
• Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
• Manage multiple business units in multiple locations.
• Manage multiple conflicting priorities.
• Work in environment with international objectives.
• Ability to understand issues domestically and communicate effectively with clients.
• Be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
• Be self-directed and motivated.
• Take initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand.