GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The Sales Application Engineer demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role, you will originate sales by positioning GE technology and identifying the best technical and commercial solution, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
As theSalesApplication Engineer, you will:
- Promote the business value proposition of GE technology
- Work in close cooperation with regional sales, account sales and commercial proposal staff
- Be involved in DTI (demand to inquiry): aim at increasing market penetration through technical support during pre-ITO
- Develop vision an important market on the level of a product line with a long-term perspective
- Lead business development planning processes for this market
- Use complex products and systems requiring technical knowledge and knowledge of the environment where the products or systems will be used
- Use products and systems that are client specific and require customization
- Coordinate sales teams involving engineering, legal, risk, finance etc.
- Be involved in medium-large sales
- Perform collateral duties as assigned to meet business needs as they relate to EHS, Quality, Integrity, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 5 additional years of experience in Technical Sales
- Willingness and ability to travel within assigned region
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or physical science
- Six Sigma training
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Established project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.